Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Toonz... Another STENOD Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

What color is that? Looks like pewter in a couple pictures but in most of them it looks like either gun metal or cyber grey. Would love to know the color!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW....it's beautiful!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nasty, you're car had alot of that stuff already done didn't it? Why didn't your bro just buy your car and paint it? Seems like it would have been a great foundation to start from for a fraction of the price and then he could of made any changes he wanted with the ton of money he saved. Projects like these cost $60/80/100,000+ to build and then sell for next to nothing.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2khawk
yes, even if it kills me

Thats good to know
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it! Very nice build guys. I can't wait to see it hit the track!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Great craftsmanship and very clean setup... Can't wait to see it sitting on the ground complete with that Joe Van O hood...
Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SStolen
Nasty, you're car had alot of that stuff already done didn't it? Why didn't your bro just buy your car and paint it? Seems like it would have been a great foundation to start from for a fraction of the price and then he could of made any changes he wanted with the ton of money he saved. Projects like these cost $60/80/100,000+ to build and then sell for next to nothing.

His started not to long after mine. Things had come up in my Brothers Life and Joes Life... The car is getting so close and we knew Joe would take care of us both no matter what. That is why i consider Joe a friend and not a shop owner. I know he feels the same way.

Matt,

Tell Joe to get on here and answer some of the questions i dont know....

Ill answer what i can this evening..... heading out the door now.

Kyle
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those of us that are color blind it would be nice to know what color the car is also. I think it looks really nice. I like the valve covers and the fuel cell setup. I love the trap door and the way that it is contained. I'm going to takes some notes on that one for my 93. I see a couple things I would have probably cut off, but other than that I think it looks sweet.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Are the coil brackets custom or does someone sell the valve cover / valve cover brackets as a set that will clear the cowl? That **** looks clean. Great lookin build
Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

that looks like DSG...dark shadow grey ford color. awesome build!

Chad
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Looks awesome! Why stay with a 347? Just curious, seems like going bigger has gotten a lot cheaper these days.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, figured I'd get on here and try to get a few of these questions answered. Thanks for posting this up Kyle, I know you needed something to do yesterday.

First off, thank you all for the comments and compliments. This car has been planned in my head for quite some time. I'm extremely thankful that I get to see it come to life. Now for some of the questions...

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
I just noticed there is a Kansas plate on that car, where is he from around here!
I lived in Wichita until 4 months ago. The car will be coming down to TX when it's done in Michigan. I will probably keep my KS tag on it so it doesn't have to go through the inspection process down here though.

Originally Posted by y2khawk
i think those are the 60's at the moment, but not sure what Joe and Rob worked out on those.
You may be right, I believe those are the turbo's that were in Kevin's car. Joe and I talked about many options and I honestly don't remember if we got new turbo's or not. I'll have to double check with him.

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
I was talking more about 76's, cause they said they were thinking about going bigger!
If we go to 76 or larger I will be replacing the block with something a little beefier at the same time.

Originally Posted by 2001ssboosted
Nice looking build. Should be a handfull when it is all done. Who makes the valve covers and coil bracket kit that is on the motor?

Thanks Don
The valve covers and coil relocation kit are from Katech.

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
lets just say expensive enough you have to step up to a larger check

pretty color too! cast manifolds are so inviting..

i cant expect that to stay an 8.50 ride for long.
Funny and true! I'm not sure how long it will stay in the 8.5 range. I've never driven anything that fast so I'll need some seat time to get used to it. We'll see how it goes from there.

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
Stenod is Good People
Couldn't have said it better!

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
What color is that? Looks like pewter in a couple pictures but in most of them it looks like either gun metal or cyber grey. Would love to know the color!
Close... it's Medium Spiral Gray from the 02-04 Corvette's.

Kyle already mentioned that this started shortly after his was finished and he wasn't planning on selling his car. My original idea was to line up beside him at the track (and beat him). But as we all know, life happens and plans change.

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Are the coil brackets custom or does someone sell the valve cover / valve cover brackets as a set that will clear the cowl? That **** looks clean. Great lookin build
As I mentioned above, the covers are from Katech. They are designed to fit on a stock car so I'd assume they'd clear the cowl just fine. I'm using a raised hood so I'm not worried about it at all.

I think I got most of the questions answered. I'm heading out the door myself but will check back later to see what I missed. Thanks again for all the comments.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just NASTY!!! Good choice in cube size.. Reminds me of Harlans old setup that trapped over 170mph.... If my 408ci blows I am going back to stock cubes..
Old 01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by Toonz
The car will be coming down to TX when it's done in Michigan. I will probably keep my KS tag on it so it doesn't have to go through the inspection process down here though.

Where in TX? Some counties don't have emissions
Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
That car IS sweet! Stenod is Good People
I would have to agree. Joe and Matt have always been really nice to me...same with Derty...
but I don't know how involved he is. Good guys IMO. Clearly they continue to do nice work too.

Great job guys.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Damn good **** as always. Looks like Joe is kicken azz and taken names on this build now. Alot has changed in the last couple of months.
Later
Paul
Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toonz

Kyle already mentioned that this started shortly after his was finished and he wasn't planning on selling his car. My original idea was to line up beside him at the track (and beat him). But as we all know, life happens and plans change.

One day we will brother.... You know ill build another one...Some things in life are more important. We both know that for a fact. Family.. it comes 1st.

Cant wait for it to be done..... Ill come visit when its done and film from the Pass. seat LOL

Kyle
Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

quit hating.... it aint trickin if ya got itttttt!

blowin money and throwin money
Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=NA$TY-TA;10768865]

QUOTE]

The coil pack brackets, Did you purchase or make those? Ya got any closer photos of them?
Nice build! is that a gunmetel grey color that the car is painted. Not to sure the pic's almost look like it has a hint of green to it. probably just the lighting.

Quick Reply: Toonz... Another STENOD Turbo Build