Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Our race track just banned forced induction cars from street nights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This is sig worthy

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Sounds like you all need to come down here and run at 1 of the tracks we go to. The tech in goes like this

Track Official: " Do you have your helmet?"
You: " Yes sir I do"
Track Official: "What does it run?"
You: "9.80's, my buddy is going to ride with me to take some video"
Track Official: " Go ahead and ya'll have fun"
ROTF LMAO!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like the Mayhem is in the front office! At Northern Michigan Dragway, (1/8th mile), we have $5.00 Street Nites. If you run in the 7's or faster, you have to run a helmet. You can have a passenger. It's a party 2-3 times a month. One of the only problems we had was the 4X4's left dirt on the track. For safety, we made them go to the cool down and clean off their frames and tires, (along with normal street cars). The classes are in .5 second intervals, (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, and so on). No trophies or money pay outs. Just run what you brung. It's a party and brings alot of people that normally run on the street to the safety of the track and no BS about your true times. We also go to Milan Dragway for the No ET Drags, ($40.00 entry for the racer). That is the best, but it's 4 hours from here. It's worth every minute!! Can't wait til spring. It's the best thing for a bad economy, here.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that should deff get some news coverage from all the "Street Cars" going to the street instead of the track because of this.........................I can understand having to have the NHRA safety equipment, but just saying you can't have a aftermarket blower or transmission is poor judgment on the part of the track officials......................it would be nice if some of the guys over the SEMA show would see what is happening and realize they are discouraging people in that area from using products displayed at their show..........................................So the way it sounds a Gt500 with a KB blower couldn't run on the street night even if the car had the appropriate safety equipment..............Contact the track officials.......surely that is just a misprint or poor wording
Old 01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have contacted Chris Blair and John Bisci this time just like many in the past. They do not respond to e-mails or phone calls. Suggestions and complaints fall on dumb and deaf ears.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

That is crazy. . . . . . id be pissed
Old 01-10-2009, 02:11 PM

Sounds like you all need to come down here and run at 1 of the tracks we go to. The tech in goes like this

Where is this ? I want to go.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

good way to promote street racing.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did I read it wrong or can't you still run if you have safety equiptment???? If that's the case, I can agree with the rules.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone read towards the bottom?

Windshield, windows: Mandatory, as produced by OEM manufacturer only. Must be in good condition and free of cracks. Windshield/window tint must meet the applicable state requirements. Windows must be closed during races; need not be operable.
The tinting thing is going to eliminate a lot of people too.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS.666

Wow that's like almost everyone with tint. . . well at least around hear.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

lmao dude now thats hilarious, but on a serious note you say the charge 50-75 bucks wow thats freakin crazy
Old 01-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by negrado

Hilarious
Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like someone is exercising their powers. tsk tsk
Old 01-14-2009, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Once again LVMS sucks.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Teching In

Are you fuking kidding me?????

This sucks..

Thats the only way I really test/tune..

Originally Posted by Zombie
This sucks. If you have aftermarket mods to your car they now consider you a race car and will not let you run on the street night.

http://www.lvms.com/news/strip_news/529515.html

I tell people all the time how horribly this track is run but many don't believe me. Thier stupidity supercedes them. They will go from 400+ racers showing up for midnight mayhem to having 100 or so kids in their moms accord ripping off mad 16-18 sec passes while not having their time displayed.

Time for me to rethink my cars setup. I liked going to the track because I didn't have to worry about cops when making high speed runs and got to see the results of changes to the car. Looks like I need to go full race car if I want to run at the track They don't have a lot of TNT's either, and they are always busy as hell because of it. Lucky to get 3 passes for 50-75 bux. I guess it's time to quit racing.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 382ssz28
Sounds like the Mayhem is in the front office! At Northern Michigan Dragway, (1/8th mile), we have $5.00 Street Nites. If you run in the 7's or faster, you have to run a helmet. You can have a passenger. It's a party 2-3 times a month. One of the only problems we had was the 4X4's left dirt on the track. For safety, we made them go to the cool down and clean off their frames and tires, (along with normal street cars). The classes are in .5 second intervals, (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, and so on). No trophies or money pay outs. Just run what you brung. It's a party and brings alot of people that normally run on the street to the safety of the track and no BS about your true times. We also go to Milan Dragway for the No ET Drags, ($40.00 entry for the racer). That is the best, but it's 4 hours from here. It's worth every minute!! Can't wait til spring. It's the best thing for a bad economy, here.
NO ET's is bada$$. They are having one once a month now on Saturdays instead of sundays. That suck to be 4 hrs away from Milan, I am like 10 mins.

http://www.milandragway.com/2009/2009.pdf

Originally Posted by WS.666

That is ridicules!!! Most street cars have window tint. They said it is a street class and if you can get away with window tint on the street why not the track? I see 9-10s cars with tint. LVMS sounds like it sucks.

Here are some videos from Milans No ETs Oct.

Part#1:http://blip.tv/file/1356046/
Part#2:http://blip.tv/file/1359587/

The videos are long, but worth it. The second video shows how pack it gets at the line.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Tint is Las Vegas is like survival equipment. HELLO, it's in a ******* desert?!?

LVMS is a perfect example of what a facility run by businessmen who have ZERO interest in cars looks like. As opposed to a lot of fun tracks that are run by Car Nuts that happen to have a business.

Boycott the SOB's!

Jim
Old 01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't quit racing or rebuild the car. But, I would pack up the ride and head to different tracks. Get a cheap truck + trailer and tow it if need be. A 3-4 hour drive to Cali to race at a fun track is way better than a 20 minute drive to sit in line all night and deal with stupid people.

I know making change might seem like a pain....but you'll be happier in the long run. (And get the satisfaction of not supporting money-grubbing homos interested in a quick buck and ego trip at ya'lls expense.)

So you'll get the 9sec pass somewhere other than Las Vegas.... It might not have been your origonal goal, but in a nutshell......who cares if you're having fun and can track the car's progress.

Good luck to ya'.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

truck and trailer = too much money and too much work. I'd rather give up running at the track all together than go that route. Car might become legal this year.

I'll just call it my race car I drive on the street.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like how all tracks say they are against street racing and then they pull **** like this. I understand having safety rules but this is retarded. I hope street racing goes up 400% in Las Vegas.

Quick Reply: Our race track just banned forced induction cars from street nights