Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone bearing a steering knuckle for APS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bearing a steering knuckle for APS?

Whats up guysI was putting my new reinforced APS hoses on today and i protect the drivers side hose with a leakless muffler clamp so as to protect the hose from the turning of the steering shaft's knuckle! I was thinking about this and think im going to try to find the thinnest sealed bearing i can find and press it over the knuckle alittle before the U joint.I may have to have the knuckle slightly machined for a press fit, but think it beats my other alternative of placing metal between the two! This way ,the outside of the bearing will rest upagainst the inlet hose and will protect against the knuckle digging into the hose every time i do a turn! Has anyone thought of this yet or done it?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearings

Well,I order the bearings today and only will have to remove a little to make these bearings work on this steering knuckle !This way im not ordering inlet hoses every 3 or 4 years LOL I'll post pics of before and after. My boost levels goals have been rised since i started this project and is one of the reasons i opted for the reinforced hoses.. I have the stock ones if anybodys intrested,,,I've never boosted em and no scuffs at all from the steering knuckle I actually had the waste gates disconnected while i was putting the 300 break in miles on my new set up to only find the tranny was bad !so these hoses only have 300 miles of no boost driving on them.
Pm me if intrested