Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

clocking a procharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009 | 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default clocking a procharger

Can someone explain EXACTLY how to "clock" the snail portion on a procharger. I purchased a used P1SC1 for a C5 that has the new bracket, but the old HO intercooler system. The outlet is pointing to 3:00 (from front of car) and all the photos I've seen (and my outlet hose) indicate it needs to be pointing to aprox. 5:00
I was told that it is just a matter of loosing the allen screws on the snail and spinning to were it needs to be, but I really need the details (things to watch for, torque specs, etc)
Thanks
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Here is the clocking guide, and what you mentioned is all you need to do. I don't have torque spec's for you. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1227 As long as the oil fill on the main housing is kept at the top, the oil slinger will be at the bottom where it needs to be. Bob
Old 02-14-2009 | 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

you will have to jocky some of the bolts around to diff. locations when you repostion the housing-i like to take it comp off, run a fine bead of anti seize around it, helps it turn, plus if its a real tight fit, it can lock up on you if you do a lot of turning, (also use it on the bolts) and the anti seize prevents that-just get the bolts tight, use common sense since its alumn.-procharger gets them pretty tight, tighter than i do
as said, the main unit if self contained, drain must be in the 6 o clock area
Old 02-14-2009 | 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great; So I should be able to just loosen the allen bolts and turn the outer "snail (no actual clocking) and not open the case. I won't be able to see until I pull the unit back off, but just moving the outer case approx. 4" SHOULDN'T affect the location if the oil slinger should it?
Thanks again
Old 02-15-2009 | 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

The key thing to understand is clocking is not the same as rotating the discharge. Clocking is putting the oil slinger in the proper position.
Old 02-15-2009 | 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes; That's what I'm seeing here. What I need to do to mine is NOT clocking. but just turning the outer shell so that the outlet is where I need it .
Thanks for the help
Old 02-15-2009 | 08:28 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BOTTLE ROCKET
Great; So I should be able to just loosen the allen bolts and turn the outer "snail (no actual clocking) and not open the case. I won't be able to see until I pull the unit back off, but just moving the outer case approx. 4" SHOULDN'T affect the location if the oil slinger should it?
Thanks again
Correct, you're just turning the outer case and it won't affect the oil slinger. Bob

Quick Reply: clocking a procharger