Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

California Turbo legal issues....Resolved!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009 | 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by evilZO6
You guys are horrible! LOL. I would get caught, i get caught no matter what i do. Iknow so many cops too.....and honestly you never know who'll turn you in. Plus i have to register on base and they can really poke around if they want
u also have to understand even though its CARB approved its not a garauntee that it will pass Smog. there are no garauntees. they got the CARB approval cuz that particular vehicle passed the tests. every car is different and reacts different. CARB is just a way for Cali to get extra cash for its multi billion dollar debt that seems to be increasing on a daily basis, even though they hike up taxes and add all these extra fees. double and or tripple vehicle registration, license fees, etc. so complaining about people over looking visual and saying OMG thats illegal, ur killing the state is ridiculous. there are plenty of proven turbo, superchargers, heads/cam setups. long tube headers, with relocated cats (which is illegal, and stupid for not being able to relocate them) that actually run cleaner then a factory equiped vehicle. also gets better mpg. yeah i dont want to kill the environment, but there are things that are a bit excessive. and if you want to get technical about smog laws. your technically not allowed to modify your vehicle at all. must be stock down to the paper filter. hows that for the great California laws. contradicting itself. got to love it. but hey, i live here and i love it.

damn, my bad for bringing a old post back from the dead. lol, well i didnt but i contributed, didn't let it die.

Quick Reply: California Turbo legal issues....Resolved!!!!