Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

speed inc twin turbo f-body kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default speed inc twin turbo f-body kits

Hey I was just wondering how much one of the kits some of you have from speed inc. I'm talking about the twin setups that retain the a/c ect. I would like to see a max hp rating of 1000hp although I'll be driving around on the street at 650 or so since anything over that is useless anyway. I have a 408 lsx build w/235 tfs heads ect. Thanks Chris
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldn't you contact them directly?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they're not open right now. I was just trying to get an idea. The prices are no secret. They are what they are. Not trying to step out of line I just like to get info quickly. Thanks though. Chris

Last edited by ta02zx10r; 03-16-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

I got a quote for twin 76's for around $15k from them. That was without a/c though and I already had some of the stuff needed.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

15k? Holy crap. I might have to take a loan out just to pay for a quote lol. I guess I should have mentioned that this is a f-body kit and not a vette kit lol. Well I requested a quote from them so hopefully it won't be that bad. who knows. Thanks though. Chris
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
15k? Holy crap. I might have to take a loan out just to pay for a quote lol. I guess I should have mentioned that this is a f-body kit and not a vette kit lol. Well I requested a quote from them so hopefully it won't be that bad. who knows. Thanks though. Chris
custom fi isn't cheap.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

TA02ZX10R where are you located ?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are talking about their smaller "kit" - they no longer make that as they use the APS setups.

If you are talking about the large turbo setups that mount the turbos by the battery and the fuse boxes - then those aren't cheap. Each one is esentially a one off and you have to take your car up there to have them fab it.

Do you have a motor built to handle the 1000 hp? How about a trans? Engine management? Fuel system? None of that is cheap either. If you are scared of $15K, you shouldn't be looking into FI.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha yeah just like classic said.... 15k is nothing for a turbo set up. if you want a reliable set up (even though i think 1000hp is no where near reliable by ne meens) your going to have to do rear end (2500) trans (depnding on what u go with around 3000) built motor (7-10k with everything you need) turbo set up (5k)... this is all a rough est and you will spend more if u want it done right. also dont forget about labor... thats a d*** in the a** no matter how you look at it
Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

The quote I got was for the custom twin kit. It would be done in house on my camaro. That was just the turbo setup. APX $5k of that price was Labor. 1000hp isn't cheap. That was my goal and I dumped over $30K into semi built car in 10 months and it still isnt finished. Take a stock motor, throw on an APS kit and call it a day haha.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys, guys I have already had everything else done. I have a LME lsx block based 408 with custom wiseco boost pistons w/lateral gas ports, compstar crank, compstar h-i beam rods, 235 tfs heads, comp cams/vengeance turbo grind cam (235/231 115) and pushrods, yella terra roller rockers, double roller timing set, arp everything, moroso oil pan w/melling oil pump, umi k member, umi torque arm, umi everything you can put under the car, texatralia clutch (z grip), dana 60 rear w/3.54's and a truetrac dif and a custom chromoly drive shaft with the big yokes ect and eboost 2 and autometer c2 guages as well as injectors. I am ordering a double pumper setup from Lonnie this week and a ati balancer to finish off the motor build as well as hp tuners suite and a double wideband setup to moniter the tune after I have it sd tuned @ probably speed inc. I also bought a set of I-forged rims w/new wide tires to try and make this thing hook half assed on the street. I'm not trying to sound cocky or to rant about what I've got (I don't even list anything in my signature). I have always tried to be a modest person. I do however, have a really good idea on how much FI really costs. My pocket book begs for mercy everytime there is a sale going on lol. I have a twin kit already but I wanted a kit that has the turbos mounted up top and in front to smile at ya each time you open the hood. Call me crazy but its just a "fetish" I have. I had no idea that a kit could cost 15k. I appreciate the info though guys. Looks like I might have to just keep the kit I have and put it on. Who knows. Mabe sometime later I could buy something like that, but not right now! Thanks guys for your input. I appreciate you all. Chris
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes I wish could see the turbos when pop the hood. It would also be handier to replalce them having them up there. Oh well keep the kit I have.

So is your strange rear end still super noisy? See its still in the sig. You should be able to shut it up with some quieter gears..like yukon or would think can even get stock 3.54s that should be quiet. I would think they messed up on the pattern when they installed them or else the gears strange uses are just inherently noisy.I still want an s60 but sure don't want it to be noisy. Noisy gears drive me nuts.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't had a chance to pull the diff cover off. I hope it is something simple like that. Mabe a couple swaps of the shims and I could mabe have a quiet rear end. I really didn't expect anything to improve since I have a body mounted torque arm and they have poly rod ended mounts.
I am located in WY in the U.S of A.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

why not an F1R procharger?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Guys, guys I have already had everything else done. I have a LME lsx block based 408 with custom wiseco boost pistons w/lateral gas ports, compstar crank, compstar h-i beam rods, 235 tfs heads, comp cams/vengeance turbo grind cam (235/231 115) and pushrods, yella terra roller rockers, double roller timing set, arp everything, moroso oil pan w/melling oil pump, umi k member, umi torque arm, umi everything you can put under the car, texatralia clutch (z grip), dana 60 rear w/3.54's and a truetrac dif and a custom chromoly drive shaft with the big yokes ect and eboost 2 and autometer c2 guages as well as injectors. I am ordering a double pumper setup from Lonnie this week and a ati balancer to finish off the motor build as well as hp tuners suite and a double wideband setup to moniter the tune after I have it sd tuned @ probably speed inc. I also bought a set of I-forged rims w/new wide tires to try and make this thing hook half assed on the street. I'm not trying to sound cocky or to rant about what I've got (I don't even list anything in my signature). I have always tried to be a modest person. I do however, have a really good idea on how much FI really costs. My pocket book begs for mercy everytime there is a sale going on lol. I have a twin kit already but I wanted a kit that has the turbos mounted up top and in front to smile at ya each time you open the hood. Call me crazy but its just a "fetish" I have. I had no idea that a kit could cost 15k. I appreciate the info though guys. Looks like I might have to just keep the kit I have and put it on. Who knows. Mabe sometime later I could buy something like that, but not right now! Thanks guys for your input. I appreciate you all. Chris
do you want a 1000 wheel or flywheel. well hell either way. i dont think compstart is rated that high. pretty sure they are in the 800 range.

and you might have a fetish to have them up top but your fetish could cost you 7 K more then you need to spend. the aps side motor kit is like 6500. that is alot cheaper then 15K

And Bigsticksupra. why not procharger?
well a turbo has lag and doesnt take power from the motor.
a procharger has lag AND TAKES power from the motor.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
...a procharger has lag AND TAKES power from the motor.
Wow! I never knew that.. and I've been running prochargers for almost 9 years now. Hmm.. guess ya learn something new every day
Old 03-16-2009, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Wow! I never knew that.. and I've been running prochargers for almost 9 years now. Hmm.. guess ya learn something new every day

Blowers do take a good bit of power to turn, that's for certain.

To the thread starter, as stated, $15k isn't out of line at all for a one off twin kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Have you looked in to the KYTP truck manifold twin setup. If you want to see the turbo's that one will do it.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FI is like a cheap ***** you cant get enough of no matter what you spend its always gonna keep you busy and spending money
Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
i wasnt trying to be a dick just stating my opinion on superchargers. sorry i dont like them

Quick Reply: speed inc twin turbo f-body kits