Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

belt slip problems solved???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default belt slip problems solved???

doing a little reading on all the FI setups out there i came across this https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/s...p?MainCatID=18 ( about half way down the page "upgraded supercharger bracket" )im not sure if it can be adapted from the corvette to the f-body, but i thought i would let all of you know about it... hate to see all you guys throw money at things and not get anywhere...
Old 10-29-2003, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats interesting, I bet that would solve my problem too, anyone know if that will just bolt on?
Old 10-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

i would say call mms or a&a and ask them, that way you hear it from the horses mouth... if this works, which i hope it does, it'll go a long way in getting the boost up there on these cars... plus you wouldnt have to sell your kit... damn me for not having 5g laying around...
Old 10-30-2003, 05:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I think that is a Mike Morgan Motorsports piece. If he had that for F-Bodies, he'd probably have let us know that by now.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Banned

I wasn't aware that vette's had belt slipping cause they used the serpentine belt that drove the accessaries. Man i hope Mike Morgan has something up his sleeve for us f-body guys. When I talked to Sd Concepts a few days ago they told me they have a new f-body bracket that comes with a 8-rib 7.25" crank pully, 8-rid ilder, and your choice of a 8-rib blower pulley for $550. Maybe the two systems are similar.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I got a 7.85" crank pulley for sale, 8 rib, and a lot of blower pulleys...
Old 11-01-2003, 12:03 PM

man you guys.
Andy is A&A.
Big Bos I posted this on your thread about belt slipping.

I may not have very many post on this site but have been a member dating back to when it was ls1.com.
Anyway...I was fighting belt slippage problems with the ATI on my Vette over 1.5 years ago. I got so pissed on the strip..it didn't slip with street tires. I ditched it the whole system.

Now Andy has worked out all the bugs with the ATI for the C5. He could easily make one up for the F Bodies..but he would need a car has 99.9% of his business is C5's but he has been a mechanic for many years.

The key is to ditch those small crank pullies and go to a bigger 8 rib pully...this allows you to use a bigger blower pully..which means you can run the same amount of boost as a smaller crank pully and smaller blower pully...the C5's only use 1 belt to drive everything. I would have to examine your systems..but the bigger the pullies and more ribs they have, the more surface contact area you have, and thus the less slippage you have.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: belt slip problems solved???