Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost + E85 + Stock PMC... Who is a proven tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93formto98T/A
Any good e85 tuners in TX?
Try Taylor at Dallas Performance.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Best tuner on E85, E98, any type - IMO - my tuner, Excessive Autosports out of Sioux Falls. He is turbo expert. He has tuned imports to a 1450rwhp Mustang (which will be retuned for E98 for 1600+ soon).

David
but joey has broke a few motors too. and didnt that 1450 mustang first motor blow?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
but joey has broke a few motors too. and didnt that 1450 mustang first motor blow?

I have been associated with Joey for 10 years. Not once has he blown a motor on the dyno. The mustang did over 1400rwhp, and than he and I drove our cars to the Saturday night cruise night. AND he'll be up this weekend to be tuned on E98 - goal 1800+. Has some dip-***** blown their motor after Joey told them not do anything on their own (turn the boost up)? Sure, but that's part of building a race/street car. He has done every mod to my car - from being stock running 14's to running 8's and hoping for 7's soon. Not sure where you get your info but you need to check it out before posting crap about any tuner.

David
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

^^^ ok. joey did a turbo on a red 03 svt cobra a few years back. joey called the guy and said it was done and when the guy went back up there to get it. joey couldnt get the car to even start.

nisson 350 had a greddy kit put on it. and the guy took it to joey to tune. and joey messed with all the pre set boost controls from greddy. and 3 weeks later. motor blow up.

s2000 guy took to joey with turbo and it got tuned alright but ran real rich.

i know those 3^ first hand

then second hand i heard he has blow up four motors from hp motor in omaha( think that is the name.) and again i know this one is second hand but hell.

now cars i have takin to joey a blue 2002 z-28 with turbo grant joey got 496 rwhp on stock motor runnning 8.9 psi. that is great. but trany blowing up shrotly after. then finding out trany oil pressure was all fucked.

David, i know your car. and it is great. and the work that went into it is top notch. all i was stating was that he has broke a few. i bet most tuners have. that is the learning game. and if that mustang that you are taking about is the 93 with the 5.4L with twins. then it is on it's second motor
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
^^^ ok. joey did a turbo on a red 03 svt cobra a few years back. joey called the guy and said it was done and when the guy went back up there to get it. joey couldnt get the car to even start.

nisson 350 had a greddy kit put on it. and the guy took it to joey to tune. and joey messed with all the pre set boost controls from greddy. and 3 weeks later. motor blow up.

s2000 guy took to joey with turbo and it got tuned alright but ran real rich.

i know those 3^ first hand

then second hand i heard he has blow up four motors from hp motor in omaha( think that is the name.) and again i know this one is second hand but hell.

now cars i have takin to joey a blue 2002 z-28 with turbo grant joey got 496 rwhp on stock motor runnning 8.9 psi. that is great. but trany blowing up shrotly after. then finding out trany oil pressure was all fucked.

David, i know your car. and it is great. and the work that went into it is top notch. all i was stating was that he has broke a few. i bet most tuners have. that is the learning game. and if that mustang that you are taking about is the 93 with the 5.4L with twins. then it is on it's second motor
I'm not going to go into "second hand" stuff. Tranny problems? Joey's problem? 3 weeks after he tuned the car? come on! Joey will normally tune a street car rich to be on the safe side.

The twin 93 5.4L is one of the shop cars. Did the engine fail -- yes. Why? Bad gas. We bought a drum of gas from a different shop. Was told it was good and had been tested to ensure that it was good. It wasn't. No fault of Joey, in fact I bought the gas. The same mustang put down 1073rwhp, ran 8.87 at 164 - Joey's tune.

Enough

David
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
I'm not going to go into "second hand" stuff. Tranny problems? Joey's problem? 3 weeks after he tuned the car? come on! Joey will normally tune a street car rich to be on the safe side.

The twin 93 5.4L is one of the shop cars. Did the engine fail -- yes. Why? Bad gas. We bought a drum of gas from a different shop. Was told it was good and had been tested to ensure that it was good. It wasn't. No fault of Joey, in fact I bought the gas. The same mustang put down 1073rwhp, ran 8.87 at 164 - Joey's tune.

Enough

David
the trany yes . sorry but with the pressure as high as it was it was shifting terrible and that made the trany go. and beyond that. ok. sorry guess joey is perfect.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

So anyone found a tuner that knows there **** with e85 or e98?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Taylor at Dallas Performance has experience and is a phenomenal tuner. Give him a call.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
So anyone found a tuner that knows there **** with e85 or e98?
Andy from Dynotune usa in Watertown S.D, If you have a gas tune he can make it work on e85 with out tuning on the spot. He has done more e85 stuff on ls's than anyone in the country.

Eric from the house of boost is another good tuner who could do something.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guess if I can have a good base to work with my tuner should be able to take over. E85 is new to alot I guess.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Chris Marsh @ HPP Racing (Dallas Area)

Carlos @ Vette Air (Dallas Area)

PM me and I'll give you their contact info.

Quick Reply: Boost + E85 + Stock PMC... Who is a proven tuner?