Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Flowing and Quietest Muff?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
The splitflow works great, except they arent stainless and rust to crap pretty quick. I got sick of sweeping up chunks of rust from my garage and switched to a magnaflow, sounds the same and its stainless..
I dont have any issues with mine rusting and the car sits outside. It is only one season old thou
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cause4panic
I dont have any issues with mine rusting and the car sits outside. It is only one season old thou
Mine lasted 6 months before the insides rusted out and eventually blew out completely. This one on my old car, you can even see it rustng and it was only a couple weeks old when I took that pic, never seen a muffler rust out so quick lol. Was going to put another splitflow on but for the same money why not just get the magnaflow thats all stainless.

I dont really want to argue too much about 100.00 mufflers, all straight through do the same thing and the bigger they are the quiter they are. The splitflow sounded fine and was cheaper than an XR1 thats for sure, but I was dissapointed in how quicky the inside vaporized.
Attached Thumbnails Best Flowing and Quietest Muff?-ex6.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best Flowing and Quietest Muff?