Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hotside coating/wrap

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Hunter,

Yep, that was me at the Gathering! I wish I could have met you in person. Your SS was a work of art, and the new car you're building is sure to be right on the same level! I am running an old KYTP manifold setup on my car. We weighed whether or not to bring the car down not 100% finished, but honestly needed a weekend to just drink beer and appreciate how far the car has come so far.
I came by Saturday and looked at the car for a few minutes. I asked the pretty blonde who's car it was, and she said it was her's and her husband's.
Then I asked a guy there what size turbo it was, and he told me a 88mm, I think. The crossover tube you have if it was the one you got from
Greg (RED83), me and greg built it.Greg was there with me looking at your car as well.

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
Man I wish you had! I would have LOVED to check it out! Your planning on being at the shootout right?
The wife and I will be at the shootout this year.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
I came by Saturday and looked at the car for a few minutes. I asked the pretty blonde who's car it was, and she said it was her's and her husband's.

Then I asked a guy there what size turbo it was, and he told me a 88mm, I think. The crossover tube you have if it was the one you got from
Greg (RED83), me and greg built it.Greg was there with me looking at your car as well.

That pretty blonde is my wife, and she had a blast. I'll let her know who it was she talked to. It was the first car event she's gotten to attend since we had our son back in September.

Yep, this is the car we bought alot of stuff from Greg for. I thought he said it was a old KYTP kit? Oh well, no worries, it fits up great in my car. We are going to route the DP a little differently, but it'll still exit through the fender. Just behind the front tire instead of in front of it. We also hacked up and recycled his charge piping to route our intercooler up behind the dash and make the passenger seat useable in my setup. I'm not running quite as nice of an intercooler, but it gets me in the ballgame at least.

Only other thing we are trying to decide is what to do on fuel. We'd like to street drive it to/from local cruise in's and car shows, but man C and Q 16 is $$$$$$ for that!

The turbo is just a T6 80 (S480). Nothing insane, as it's my first turbo car, and I honestly don't think the engine will be handle much more than that anyways.

Like I said, would have loved to meet you guys, seen your thoughts on the car thus far, and any ideas you had for us, as both of you have "been there/done that" for what is to me a whole new world.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have jet hot coated piping and turbo too. chould i just slap a turbo blanket on it to aid the spool time or will it not work ? i dont want to wrap the piping if it gets rusted in 6 months or so.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
That pretty blonde is my wife, and she had a blast. I'll let her know who it was she talked to. It was the first car event she's gotten to attend since we had our son back in September.

Yep, this is the car we bought alot of stuff from Greg for. I thought he said it was a old KYTP kit? Oh well, no worries, it fits up great in my car. We are going to route the DP a little differently, but it'll still exit through the fender. Just behind the front tire instead of in front of it. We also hacked up and recycled his charge piping to route our intercooler up behind the dash and make the passenger seat useable in my setup. I'm not running quite as nice of an intercooler, but it gets me in the ballgame at least.

Only other thing we are trying to decide is what to do on fuel. We'd like to street drive it to/from local cruise in's and car shows, but man C and Q 16 is $$$$$$ for that!

The turbo is just a T6 80 (S480). Nothing insane, as it's my first turbo car, and I honestly don't think the engine will be handle much more than that anyways.

Like I said, would have loved to meet you guys, seen your thoughts on the car thus far, and any ideas you had for us, as both of you have "been there/done that" for what is to me a whole new world.

The kit you got from Greg is a Kentucky manifold kit. When greg went to the larger T6 turbo we had to modify it to make the turbo fit along with switching out the flange.Greg originaly had a Precision 88mm T4 flange.

Quick Reply: Hotside coating/wrap