Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

patriot heads on turbo lq4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default patriot heads on turbo lq4?

Hey guys wht do u think about the patriots heads #2019, for a stock bottomend Lq4 with GT-7 cam, blowthrough csu carb e-85, victor jr intake and s476 turbo. should i stick with the 317s or would the patriots work better? any info would help. thks
Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have similar buildup slowly going on. First of all I have been told that Patriots are based on stock gm castings, they just do the cnc and welding work (LS6 heads use same castings than 6.0 only with welded and cnc'd chambers). If you have searched info about boosting ls-engines, you probably have noticed that deck thickness on stock castings will flex under boost and then lead to headgasket failures. I chose swedish pyramidrings so I could use cheap heads (patriot 2019) and block (LQ4).
Old 05-29-2009, 04:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulbigworm
Hey guys wht do u think about the patriots heads #2019, for a stock bottomend Lq4 with GT-7 cam, blowthrough csu carb e-85, victor jr intake and s476 turbo. should i stick with the 317s or would the patriots work better? any info would help. thks
The Patriots are hard to beat for the price, but you're going to make all the power that stock bottom end can handle with your stock heads. Now if your heads need a valve job and valve springs, then the Patriot 2019's would be a great way to go. As has been mentioned, the Patriot heads have the oem deck thickness, which won't matter on a stock bottom end. If you go forged down the road and want to run 18-20-up pounds of boost, a thicker deck surface head such as what AFR, Trickflow, Edelbrock, etc provides would be a better way to go. The thicker deck helps to keep the head gaskets sealed. Bob

Quick Reply: patriot heads on turbo lq4?