Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth Injection, GTO, Maggie

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth Injection, GTO, Maggie

Thinking about adding Meth/Water injection to an 05 GTO, cam, headers, Magnuson, after seeing the timing getting pulled, seeing 170* IAT temps, then reading the IAT table and finding out where the timing was going, seems like a no brainer to me, any thoughts from those that have done it?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle Performance
Thinking about adding Meth/Water injection to an 05 GTO, cam, headers, Magnuson, after seeing the timing getting pulled, seeing 170* IAT temps, then reading the IAT table and finding out where the timing was going, seems like a no brainer to me, any thoughts from those that have done it?
Is it intercooled? Dumb question, I'm sure it is.

Over time meth will oxidize the intercooler and eventually cause failure and void your warrantly on it as well.

It's a common problem with these blowers, you can run more boost, but that little intercooler just can't cool it. Where are you running it at, what are the temps like there? Tried putting some water wetter in the intercooler? I think mine runs similar temps.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Teching In

I haven't measured the temp in the intercooler itself, but the IAT temps are getting up to near 170*. The owner put a 50/50 mix antifreeze in it, I told him to change it to straight distilled water, Water Wetter or something along those lines would be a good thing to add.

Quick Reply: Meth Injection, GTO, Maggie