Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just bought turbowerks scavenger for my aps tt car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomz28
i just order my pump today. and if this does not work we know its the turbos.
i feel like im the guy that has it the worst with this kit. well maybe louis LOL but he gets paid for his work on these things LOL
I usually split it with the customer. I dont like to see them out, and they need to have a working car. I feel obligated to help, and most of the time its labor.I cant stand it when WE, the consumer, do R&D. If I have a customer with one of my products have an issue, I take care of it 99% of the time.

Originally Posted by KnightmareLS1
I think I had it the worst LOL. I picked the car up from Vengeance and drove 4 1/2 hours back to south GA from ATL. It then rained for 5 days so I couldn't drive it. On the 1st sunny day I took it out and drove for less than 1hour and a turbo took a ****!! I waited a year and a half to install it because I was deployed and this is what I get!! Needless to say, I've been saving since that day for some of LGs turbos Less than 1 day and 500 miles with my $7000+ investment. And to top it of Peter won't email me back.
It happens! We barely made it off the dyno with the first one! What power/boost level were you at? Rough combo specs?

Originally Posted by MosesMcgregor
how are you guys first realizing the turbo's have gone south? No boost? Smoke from the exhaust?
Dripping LOTS of oil, smoking bad under all loads, mainly accel. A drip of oil here and there is normal on these cars, given my experience with these setups...

Originally Posted by tomz28
we will see how this pump works out if it stops my smoke issuse than we have a winner if not well new turbos hear we come
Yep, we will see!

the good thing for you guys is that its a common turbo. I still have a few things to try soon, and we will be monitoring turbine speed this time around so we will know for sure where we are within the acceptable range of power and boost level.b

The other good thing is that Im finally ahead of production, and hopefully putting them on the shelf here soon. No one likes a down car, and we have refined this setup now its a no brainer

Louis
Old 06-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]It happens! We barely made it off the dyno with the first one! What power/boost level were you at? Rough combo specs?/QUOTE]

It's 35,000 mile stock long block, LS6 intake and ported TB, Torquer V2 cam(i know) TSP Stage 3 heads(chamber size?), running of the stock wastegate springs it saw 7.5 lbs of boost on the dyno and made 581/556.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Louis;11712434]I usually split it with the customer. I dont like to see them out, and they need to have a working car. I feel obligated to help, and most of the time its labor.I cant stand it when WE, the consumer, do R&D. If I have a customer with one of my products have an issue, I take care of it 99% of the time.

thats very cool of you guys and your customer must love the hell out of you guys for it as well for it
Old 06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
9 Second Club

Yep, we will see!

the good thing for you guys is that its a common turbo. I still have a few things to try soon, and we will be monitoring turbine speed this time around so we will know for sure where we are within the acceptable range of power and boost level.b

The other good thing is that Im finally ahead of production, and hopefully putting them on the shelf here soon. No one likes a down car, and we have refined this setup now its a no brainer

Louis[/QUOTE]

Louis you have been a HUGE help to all of us on here for sure
Thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can someone post up a link to this pump or post a picture of what it looks like and where and how its supposed to work. Thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
9 Second Club

here is a link for you for the pump a few of us got

http://www.turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pu...FRFMagodwiouBA
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My turbowerks pump showed up today! It is bigger and heavier than I thought it would be. Might be a bit trickier to find a good mounting spot. Obviously don't want it getting knocked off by anything on the road or going up on hoist or whatever .I was thinking it was for some reason just a bit bigger than walbro pump but is more like two of them stuck together side by side , a lot heavier too and it has that cooling thing on it which could maybe take off. I am not sure when be hooking mine up. I am not seeing oil out the exhaust on my car.
Maybe I have one of the good ones that don't need the scavenger pump.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have still had no issues with my turbo's or blowing smoke. Like I said, I observed some drips around the v-clamp of the turbo's this spring when I gave the car a once over after it's winter nap. Tightened a few things up and have kept driving. I just rolled over 108k this week and have another 1k going on this weekend. Roadtrip to NY to see my new nephew!!!

And I ran the PCV system as suggested. But I added a PCV valve back in because the APS set-up did not meter the air and it was causing idle tune problems when my tuner was doing his thing. We added the PCV valve in and problem solved. I have not taken my throttle body off since the install to see how it looks in there. So I am not sure if I am pushing any oil, but my oil level barely goes down in 4-5k of driving and I do not see smoke behind me when in boost. But I will be keeping an eye on things given everything that has been seen on other cars.

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
My turbowerks pump showed up today! It is bigger and heavier than I thought it would be. Might be a bit trickier to find a good mounting spot. Obviously don't want it getting knocked off by anything on the road or going up on hoist or whatever .I was thinking it was for some reason just a bit bigger than walbro pump but is more like two of them stuck together side by side , a lot heavier too and it has that cooling thing on it which could maybe take off. I am not sure when be hooking mine up. I am not seeing oil out the exhaust on my car.
Maybe I have one of the good ones that don't need the scavenger pump.
Did you use the AIR pump on your kit? If not, there is plenty of room to bolt the pump under there. Then you just have to run some lines. That way it is up and out of the way (and protected) as long as you can get the lines where you need them. Just a thought. I would also leave the cooling fins on the motor. They are there for a reason. The website said higher temps reduce bearing life. I would not want to reduce that.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

You are the aps hero hugger with no problems.
Great idea on air pump location.I don't run one so likely will put the scavenger in there. Tom buddy are doing yours right away. be a week or more likely on mine. I have not seen any smoke out the back. I have not looked in intake pipes yet will when stent them shortly. I have also not looked in interooler to tb area.I do have some oil from intake going into vacuum lines and assume tb but am going to install catch can shortly.
Might need one to tb and one to vacuum manifold. Hoping if its coming by rings it slows down now as get some break in miles on the new engine. Not sure if they have to set things a bit looser for my power sure they did and not sure how that effects how much oil is going to come thru from engine.
Scavenger of course is only going to help oil from coming thru the turbos.

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 06-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post up some pics when you get it installed!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

just got back from working all week
its going in this weekend
Old 06-14-2009, 06:04 AM
9 Second Club

well got it in fits well makes very little nosie

it stop the smoke at cruise but after WOT to decel holy **** smoke batman smokes like hell

also did some tuning on the the dyno today 10psi it made 590hp and 600tq

ill get some pics up for the pump setup for you all
Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

well have oil in the compresser side in the pipe again
Old 06-20-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Very strange. With that scavenger would expect no oil from the turbo and since turbo was rebuilt by pro shop would expect no problem with the turbo now.

wonder how critical size of lines to and from the scavenger pump are? I have pretty much found an fittings for every part of the scavenger pump install. Slow boy racing makes 10 an that goes right on the turbo. Jegs has fittings for npt into the pan and also an for y fitting. I prefer straight an.

The scavenger pump should easily have the capacity to do two turbos so that shouldn't be an issue.

I have been hammering on my car to 8psi last few days and not seeing any clouds of oil. I have not taken off the intake pipe or really looked though. I don't seem to be getting any oil thru my hose to the intake.I have aps check valve installed and ran my pcv as they suggested in the manual.
I have also not pushed my little turbos past 8psi yet. I am not sure will go much past 12psi or so this season on them,trying to make them last until put car away end of season. Then can upgrade to LG or billet BB like Big Bird or whatever.
Something is strange Tom in your car. Rebuilt turbo ,scavenger pump..problem should be solved. Still wondering if its from shot engine. Oil from shot rings still goes out exhaust and exhaust still goes into and thru the turbos.If its only one side maybe have a shot cylinder or two on that side?
You will have your new engine in soon but also new turbos so then of course expect problems gone.I didnt' install my high pressure slp oil pump spring and was thinking should have as 408 has bigger clearances and could mabye use a bit more oil pressure.
I still may install it sooner or later. What we need is to find out what oil pressure min and max are recommended on the mits 20 g turbos. I know they can take much more than BB turbos. I have to use restrictor on my BB turbo in my 97 talon which basically runs a gt35R garett variant.

Sorry you are having trouble Tom. So far I have not really any problems with my aps kit.
I have not seen any overheating in 80 degree temps. I got some cheap 3 inch oval pipe to stent my inlet tubes off ebay and am going to simply space my spohn front swaybar down a bit to solve the sway hitting the pipes problem.
Will install the scavenger pump anyway as said all an fittings and stainless lines.Do it nice and do it right! Put it in more for prevenative purposes.
Heck wondering if even need a catch can since its dry in the pcv line to intake.But will anyway. Maybe will get more oil vapor or whatever if do stay into boost longer. But really can't stay into high boost very long too paranoid to get that huge ticket or wipe out the car.New tires and traction control system would be a good thing!

So borrow a camera Tom and get us some scavenger pump pics. Want to see where exactly you put it. Could also maybe put mine in air pump location removed my air pump for now.

Quick Reply: Just bought turbowerks scavenger for my aps tt car.