Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FMIC on Vortech instead of Aftercooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FMIC on Vortech instead of Aftercooler

Just wondering if anyone out there is running a FMIC instead of the normal aftercooler on a vortech blower? Would there be much of a benefit to this other then cleaning up the engine bay a bit? Does anyone have before and after IATs?

Basically, I have a 00 Formula with a vortech on it. It has the additional aftercooler, and I was looking for a way to free up some engine space, while maybe improving my IATs.

Any recommendations on the front mount?

Thank you.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a great FMIC you could try if you wanted. In the past the aftercooler has proven itself as pretty good at consistent IAT's not super low, but it works. I don't think the FMIC would be a HP gain as the added length of piping would probably cause you to loose airflow or boost basicly and an actually reduction in HP. People have done them in the past, but I don't think anyone ever came to a 100% decision on it either.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it, just not on an F-bod. It's working great, partly because I have the space to put a large IC in there with lots of vertical channels, which helps it flow a whopping 2074cfm.

Jim

My Site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Quick Reply: FMIC on Vortech instead of Aftercooler