Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

roots vs twin screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am supposed to get the new intake and will hopefully do back to back same day results.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys want to know the truth. If Andrew and Mike make the # I will honestly be happy for them. After all, they have put their time and money in just as we all have and don't deserve any less. As soon as you get your numbers up you let us know. I will shut my mouth about the KB's not putting down the #'s. I just don't care for the talking before doing aspect of this KB situation. That's just me. I don't care for how Jeff has treated some personal friends that don't even know each other and never heard the others' stories before telling me. I also know that there are plenty of people out there that praise him. At the end of the day, it's my choice that decides whom I do business with.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a real screw blower that will kick *** of the largest 1871 roots style supercharger, but you can tell it's twice the size of the largest roots and it's not the cute little "AQUARIUM PUMP Kenny Bell" Show me some real world numbers or time slips and video on the kenny bell on a LS chevy and I will be the first to take my hat of and say good job [/QUOTE]

Congrats you have a real screw blower. The problem is its a rooooooots blower not a screw blower if you even know the diffrence. And whats your point? You can slap a big blower on a big motor job well done. UFTW

No my friend it is a screw. they are all rectangle shape but the physical size of the screw is bigger than the roots. My question would be if the screw is more efficent than the roots then why do the Alcohol screw superchargers have to be twice the size of the roots just to out perform them. here is another picture of a whipple screw. Not a roots. Dont be quick to call a person out on something you didnt do your home work on cause I have NOT POSTED A picture of a roots blower yet. I do know the differance, as you do not.
I hope your K/B set up makes the numbers you are shooting for.
Attached Thumbnails roots vs twin screw-centerville-spring-river-1st-trip-0022.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Mike75356 this post is addressed to you.
Twice you bring the topic of warranty up when referring to Shane selling his Kenne Bell; well here below are two factual answers for you.

O2SSLE
“As for the warranty it was up this month anyway so I seen no reason to bring that up and he didn't ask.”

He has now told you this twice now, how many times will it take for you to get it?
The thing everyone needs to understand is; a warranty is only as good as the person who gave it when the product was sold.

If you go back and check all of the posts, or remember correctly before Robert Miller bought his Kenne Bell “new in the box” from another forum member that had changed his mind and wanted to sell it by the time he got it. The question went on for days to find out if Jeff who originally sold it was going to honor the warranty. If you remember correctly the first response was the warranty went to the original owner only. Being the seller was the original owner even though it was unused “new in the box” the warranty was seemingly going to stop at this point. This caused such a ruckus it was finally privately agreed that the warranty would transfer to the new owner, so Robert at that time bought the Kenne Bell he now has.

Now my question is this,
With this type of thinking from a vendor explain to me just how the new owner that Shane sold his Kenne Bell to could receive it, install it, tune it and use it then have any time left to even consider using a warranty. Even if drilling the hole in the manifold had not been the vendor way of lashing out in order to have the last word and then having the I will show you attitude? Also please explain to me just how drilling a hole in a non wearing non moving part could affect the performance and or longevity of this unit? The thing everyone needs to understand and remember is; a warranty is only as good as the person who gave it when the product was sold.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I am supposed to get the new intake and will hopefully do back to back same day results.

Z06PSI
I will be looking forward to seeing how the new intake will work for you, please be sure and keep us posted. I love the Kenne Bell and think is has great potential but from everything I am researching and finding has not shown what is now to be considered the big numbers on the corvettes yet. Hope you can change all of that.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
8 Second Club

Mike did you get banned on the CF forum? **** man I'm on moderation-any post I make get's moderated first.

This is my thing with the KB-what the hell is anyone gonna do with all that torque? Especially on a C5 with a drivetrain that's not suited for drag racing for example.

Now my car for example is a centri, I run a 2600 stall and sixty foot low 1.4's off idle, I pull 1.38 sixty's with a 1500 foot brake.

All I need is a well prepped tracked so I can put the 900 rwhp tune up in the car and we'll see what happens.

What was Z06wanted's 60 foots at the track?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

That will be nice man. I think that the results need to come from someone besides the vendor (non biased). JMO

I hope maybe that it was just my combination wasn't right for the rest of you guys. Maybe the intake will solve the problem. I just know that the MP122 makes 900 hp on the engine dyno so it can be done by a positive displacement blower.

Last edited by 02SSLE; 07-09-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

My best 60ft is 1.50's leaving at 3600rpms
Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club

ahhhh. Isn't this so cute everybody starting to get along.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
My best 60ft is 1.50's leaving at 3600rpms
Yikes-WTF is up with that? I figured with the KB you could easily just leave off idle? Hell I figured you would probably turn the idle down to 300 rpm so it wouldn't hit so damn hard!!!!

I don't know-there must be something going on with these KB's. Bret you said somebody else finsihed up there car but were afraid to post the numbers?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eb02z06@ChampionMotors
I don't know-there must be something going on with these KB's. Bret you said somebody else finsihed up there car but were afraid to post the numbers?
Trying to play nice here Pit. (that's your new nickname by the way )

Back in December I believe we were told that 29 units were sold. Maybe more during that sale period. Out of all of those people, I have heard of 1 or 2 peoples' numbers. Where the hell are all the rest? I am thinking Shane's going to have his new motor built, in the car, turbos on, tuned and time slips posted and possibly a broken trans or diff. before we get some damn #'s posted up.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Well one off the top of my head is Robert Miller 590RWH and 570 rwt on a 402, TF 235 heads 14psi. Does that sound familiar? Sounds like typical shitty numbers out of this kit. Cam was speced by Jeff. Build was done with Jeff's recommendations.

The sensor issue was after the Intercooler was setup right.

As for the warranty it was up this month anyway so I seen no reason to bring that up and he didn't ask. Breecher also had IAT's in the 250. So it's not just my old system. I just don't know why you are so protective of this system and you don't even have one up and running. You will see for yourself when you get yours going I am sure.

Jeff also made an *** of himself throwing a fit about the air intake inlet. Is seemed to be because he got wind of Roger having both intakes and going to put them on the dyno to show real world difference if any. It would have been nice to get results to know if that really helped of fixed the issue.

Just curious here.... How in the world is it possible for you iat to be higher than your engine temp? Was your engine temp 350? Cause something just doesnt add up...

Will be interested to see how it does... I think im waiting for the big boy to come out. I have some "hood" moding to do that im not going to touch untill i decide what intake i get.

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
If you guys want to know the truth. If Andrew and Mike make the # I will honestly be happy for them. After all, they have put their time and money in just as we all have and don't deserve any less. As soon as you get your numbers up you let us know. I will shut my mouth about the KB's not putting down the #'s. I just don't care for the talking before doing aspect of this KB situation. That's just me. I don't care for how Jeff has treated some personal friends that don't even know each other and never heard the others' stories before telling me. I also know that there are plenty of people out there that praise him. At the end of the day, it's my choice that decides whom I do business with.
I understand where your coming from man and respect it. And you are correct everyone prefers certain people and where they spend there money.
We will see how things pan out in all honestly like i said i dont see it not making the numbers, but the bottom line is it hasnt yet so anything is possible and i will be glad to provide all the help i can to get a solid answer out of these blowers.

Originally Posted by eb02z06@ChampionMotors
Mike did you get banned on the CF forum? **** man I'm on moderation-any post I make get's moderated first.

This is my thing with the KB-what the hell is anyone gonna do with all that torque? Especially on a C5 with a drivetrain that's not suited for drag racing for example.

Now my car for example is a centri, I run a 2600 stall and sixty foot low 1.4's off idle, I pull 1.38 sixty's with a 1500 foot brake.

All I need is a well prepped tracked so I can put the 900 rwhp tune up in the car and we'll see what happens.

What was Z06wanted's 60 foots at the track?
Na im still on there bro, just havent had the time to post a lot and it becomes useless when you have to watch what you say every post.

What the hell you under monderation for???? That doesnt seem right, you never argue with anyone or anything on there all i ever see out of you is good real world facts and numbers.... ? I wonder who put that **** in place

That will be nice man. I think that the results need to come from someone besides the vendor (non biased). JMO

I hope maybe that it was just my combination wasn't right for the rest of you guys. Maybe the intake will solve the problem. I just know that the MP122 makes 900 hp on the engine dyno so it can be done by a positive displacement blower.
I agree. I think the intake will. and your right a 122 can make 900hp on a smaller engine than mine.

The kenne bell 2.8 has made 1200 +hp on other engines so i see no reason why it cant be the same on our cars? If the blower maxes at 1500hp on a 5.7l engine then it should max at 1500hp on a 7.0L engine just at a diffrent psi.. You might get 25 psi on the smaller engine and 16 on the bigger engine and make the same power, however the blower should max out at the same cfm and place so if it can make 1200hp on another engine why not ours?

Trying to play nice here Pit. (that's your new nickname by the way )

Back in December I believe we were told that 29 units were sold. Maybe more during that sale period. Out of all of those people, I have heard of 1 or 2 peoples' numbers. Where the hell are all the rest? I am thinking Shane's going to have his new motor built, in the car, turbos on, tuned and time slips posted and possibly a broken trans or diff. before we get some damn #'s posted up.

I know theres a guy in florida who has been running a 402 kb and is 800+rwhp last time i heard he hit the dyno i believe was around 830 ish..

I didnt think there were that many units sold? Jeff should have his car done soon if he evers stops making new products

Like i said in my original posts and what not my car will get done when its done, i dont have the time nor money to spend on a ton of mistakes so i hope to do it right the first time. But im sure i will have to work through the bugs like every other f/i owner
Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by willig5
Mike75356 this post is addressed to you.
Twice you bring the topic of warranty up when referring to Shane selling his Kenne Bell; well here below are two factual answers for you.

O2SSLE
“As for the warranty it was up this month anyway so I seen no reason to bring that up and he didn't ask.”

He has now told you this twice now, how many times will it take for you to get it?
The thing everyone needs to understand is; a warranty is only as good as the person who gave it when the product was sold.

If you go back and check all of the posts, or remember correctly before Robert Miller bought his Kenne Bell “new in the box” from another forum member that had changed his mind and wanted to sell it by the time he got it. The question went on for days to find out if Jeff who originally sold it was going to honor the warranty. If you remember correctly the first response was the warranty went to the original owner only. Being the seller was the original owner even though it was unused “new in the box” the warranty was seemingly going to stop at this point. This caused such a ruckus it was finally privately agreed that the warranty would transfer to the new owner, so Robert at that time bought the Kenne Bell he now has.

Now my question is this,
With this type of thinking from a vendor explain to me just how the new owner that Shane sold his Kenne Bell to could receive it, install it, tune it and use it then have any time left to even consider using a warranty. Even if drilling the hole in the manifold had not been the vendor way of lashing out in order to have the last word and then having the I will show you attitude? Also please explain to me just how drilling a hole in a non wearing non moving part could affect the performance and or longevity of this unit? The thing everyone needs to understand and remember is; a warranty is only as good as the person who gave it when the product was sold.
Willig this post is addressed to you.

Its not my warranty to give. Im not speaking for Jeff and thats not what im trying to do.

Its as simple as this....... If you drill a hole in your fast intake and send in back in for warranty will they honor it? If you drill a hole in your new 08 tahoe intake and then take it to the dealer for warranty repair, will they honor the warranty? How can you honor a product that has been altered from its original state that you made it into?

You let me know what companys will do this cause ill be sure to buy a few things from them and create some new inventions and try to make things better on the product (most likely only make them worse) and then when it blows up i will be sure to send it in and get my warranty im sure there will be no issue with this....

A warranty is exactly what it states. But only on what they sold to you not what you tried to re envent out of it.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02402RAMAIR
ahhhh. Isn't this so cute everybody starting to get along.
Exactly how it should be, we are all here for the same reason. To help each other...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Try Home Depot and Walmart. They'll take anything back.

What's all the warranty crap matter anyways. It's gone and non-transferrable.
The point should be a used twin screw or roots blower until you find out if the warranty is tranferrable if it concerns you.

A drilled hole in an aluminum manifold is far from a big deal. If you buy one and don't like it, go get some Muggy weld or take it and have it TIG welded.
http://www.muggyweld.com/aluminum.html
Old 07-10-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike75356
Just curious here.... How in the world is it possible for you iat to be higher than your engine temp? Was your engine temp 350? Cause something just doesnt add up...

That can easily be done. Your cylinder temps are 1000+° all day long and 1400+° on a boosted WOT pull, yet your water temps remain reasonable. Ask Funcool what his IAT's are. He's spinning that blower at twice the recommended max speed. Something like 26,000 RPM. I don't think he even wants to know what his IAT's are. A CF member from back a ways over spun the **** out of his baby Eaton on his Miata and logged 350° IAT's under prolonged, boosted runs.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Try Home Depot and Walmart. They'll take anything back.

What's all the warranty crap matter anyways. It's gone and non-transferrable.
The point should be a used twin screw or roots blower until you find out if the warranty is tranferrable if it concerns you.

A drilled hole in an aluminum manifold is far from a big deal. If you buy one and don't like it, go get some Muggy weld or take it and have it TIG welded.
http://www.muggyweld.com/aluminum.html
I didnt know pizza places sold motors...

That can easily be done. Your cylinder temps are 1000+° all day long and 1400+° on a boosted WOT pull, yet your water temps remain reasonable. Ask Funcool what his IAT's are. He's spinning that blower at twice the recommended max speed. Something like 26,000 RPM. I don't think he even wants to know what his IAT's are. A CF member from back a ways over spun the **** out of his baby Eaton on his Miata and logged 350° IAT's under prolonged, boosted runs.
If this is the case..

Then why do we even worry about iat's. If his are so high how can he even make any power? At that level you would be pulling so much timing it would be useless and i just saw his new post on vette forum his car seems to be running fine and has been for a long time now? (especially with that new cog set up)
Old 07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

I didnt know pizza places sold motors...
Pizza

If this is the case..

Then why do we even worry about iat's. If his are so high how can he even make any power? At that level you would be pulling so much timing it would be useless and i just saw his new post on vette forum his car seems to be running fine and has been for a long time now? (especially with that new cog set up)
Only pulls timing if you command it to. Spinning that little blower 26krpm, you have to know his IAT's are from hell. Send Funcool a PM and ask him if he has any idea what his IAT's are. Not saying he's ever broke because I don't know, but people don't tell everything on these forums.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Pizza

Only pulls timing if you command it to. Spinning that little blower 26krpm, you have to know his IAT's are from hell. Send Funcool a PM and ask him if he has any idea what his IAT's are. Not saying he's ever broke because I don't know, but people don't tell everything on these forums.
It was a fast and the furious refrence from back in the day bro lol it was perfect time for it.

Yeah your right sometimes you really do only get a one side'd story. Im pretty sure the iat's are under control with jeff's method's. Every car he has done at his shop seems to run perfectly fine in las vegas heat at that.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
8 Second Club

Funcool, he defies all conventional wisdom. What else would you expect from a 402+Maggie+Nos that run's 10.9's with a tailwind in November.

Quick Reply: roots vs twin screw