Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The new 2010 FORD SHO

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4400lbs, holy hell, it'll need to make some serious power to overcome it's own fat ***.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barnat
The G8 is a (V8) !!!This has a tiny(V6) 3.5 L guys Hey, it could use some tweaking like alot of you have pointed out but 365 Hp out of a 3.5????Come on Thats rockin HP for such a small engine
It's a twin turbo 3.5L compared to a NA 5.7L. Comparable if you ask me.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by barnat
The ALL WHEEL DRIVE is what im talking about LOL. My 94 SHO was a beast out of the hole with its front wheel drive and me personnally ide rather have a G8 too hands down guys LOL But alot of you guys are comparing oranges to apples here.The G8 is a (V8) !!!This has a tiny(V6) 3.5 L guys Hey, it could use some tweaking like alot of you have pointed out but 365 Hp out of a 3.5????Come on Thats rockin HP for such a small engine
just cuz this is a turbo v6 and the g8 is a n/a v8 doesnt make this an apples to oranges comparison. they put out about the same power and are both mid-size sedans in a similar price range
Old 06-28-2009, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

The Ecoboost(Duratec) Is a Porsche design who sold it to Cosworth who sold it to Ford, Its going to be a Stellar engine. No Bullshit I'm going to drop one in my 97 T/A WS6. Ford is going to put this engine into the Mustang eventually so parts are gonna be cheap.

P.S. I'm a Ford guy, **** G.M.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the AWD idea. I would really like to buy a rear wheel daily driver, but on my budget, I can only afford one nice (late model) driver. RWD stuff is great 9 months out of the year, but I have to get to work the other 3 months too.

Ford's use of AWD on the new SHO is definitely a factor for people like me who see snow and want the edge that a FWD or AWD car gives you.

The G8 is a car built for speed that doubles as a family sedan. The SHO seems to be a family sedan that is built for speed. A better comparison for the SHO would be the BMW 3.0L turbo 5 Series, or maybe one of the Audi sedans. They're more expensive, but they were all family sedans first. Not the case with the G8.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I'll post a comment once I get to ride in one lol
Old 06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastKat
I like the AWD idea. I would really like to buy a rear wheel daily driver, but on my budget, I can only afford one nice (late model) driver. RWD stuff is great 9 months out of the year, but I have to get to work the other 3 months too.

Ford's use of AWD on the new SHO is definitely a factor for people like me who see snow and want the edge that a FWD or AWD car gives you.

The G8 is a car built for speed that doubles as a family sedan. The SHO seems to be a family sedan that is built for speed. A better comparison for the SHO would be the BMW 3.0L turbo 5 Series, or maybe one of the Audi sedans. They're more expensive, but they were all family sedans first. Not the case with the G8.
Cant argue on the AWD, if its something you need its something you need..

I drive a G8 GT every day, I have two kids and I would hardly call it mainly a performance car lol. Its an excellent family car that happens to handle, stop and go like a car that costs nearly twice as much. Thats not just my opinion either, auto writers dont throw the BMW 5 series comparisons lightly. Plus 24mpg on trips with regular fuel isnt hard to take either, I would consider a new camaro as a car 'built for speed' first, certainly not a G8. No compromises packing my family in the thing for a two week trip thats for sure, done it.

Originally Posted by Derek@BPP
I'll post a comment once I get to ride in one lol
Me too, they all look good on paper

Quick Reply: The new 2010 FORD SHO