Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Guys with FI cars!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I have seen no overheating with my aps so far to about 90 degrees . I have been thru pretty heavy traffic.I have my fans coming in fairly low but not right at 160. Have redline water wetter.160 stat. Running 50/50 antfreeze /water.
No offense intended but the particulars about a system and the region (Texas, Oklahoma,Kansas, Arizona) are the factors which appear to cause overheating. For example I suspect my car will not overheat in Minnesota but it will easily spike to 240 + in stop and go traffic with the AC runnning here in Kansas during hot windy 90 + summer days. And it would probably be worse in Texas where driving in your car on hot 90 + days without AC is like driving with your heater on in the summer in cooler climates.

So for us who live is these regions we are trying to find a solution that works here, still use the AC, and not run at 230 +.

The goal and solution is to pass as much air as possible through the AC condensor and radiator so the radiator heat exchanger/transfers more heat to atmosphere (engine bay) than the particular system is generating and if it doesn't then it overheats.

Bigger radiators, more powerful fans, and an unobstructed pathway for airflow are the key ingrediants to maximize heat transfer with an ATI system.

Quick Reply: Guys with FI cars!