Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got my car tuned...questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I passed you the day you were taking it to get tuned. I know you already spent your money there but Mike (Sulski Performance) does terrific. ZL1killa was tuned there, so was mine and it starts up and finds idle like stock.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Your differance might just be 2 diff o2 sensors and one of them not reading correctly. We use a tailpipe probe( the brand new Dyno Jet one) and it is DEAD on if we switch the O2 into a bung.

Probably. We were thinking the dyno O2 wasn't right when I did my car. In my case I was running a 3" dump pipe from the turbine with an immediate 90 degree downward bend. Total pipe length was 6" max. Made it hard to get the probe more tha 3" into the pipe, so we just went of the WB02, which is reading off the passanger header collector.

My exhaust was (is) a common STS setup, so I was throwing it out there as a possible scenerio
Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Your differance might just be 2 diff o2 sensors and one of them not reading correctly. We use a tailpipe probe( the brand new Dyno Jet one) and it is DEAD on if we switch the O2 into a bung.
I use that one AND one in the pipe... if I had to pick one to use it would be the one that gets installed. The pipe probe consistently reads 0.3 to 0.5 points leaner here.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on sulski performance's tuning, my car felt like a different car after he tuned it. Sorry to hear about your problems. How much more do you think the car will make? I ran into a guy one night with an STS on 7lbs with a baby cam and he was making something in the LOW 400's to the wheels. You need to bring that thing to a TFB meet when you get it fixed.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickta98
+1 on sulski performance's tuning, my car felt like a different car after he tuned it. Sorry to hear about your problems. How much more do you think the car will make? I ran into a guy one night with an STS on 7lbs with a baby cam and he was making something in the LOW 400's to the wheels. You need to bring that thing to a TFB meet when you get it fixed.
Maybe you should come to another Harrisburg meet, we are all down here.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where at in harrisburg?

Quick Reply: Got my car tuned...questions...