Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or go supercharger if you want less down time
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I am all for the 370 and yes I got your messages, and so far I like what you sent me. I am going to go the 370 route and then from there custom make a kit either procharger or turbo
Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Like I told you when you were home last I think you should do a custom procharger setup. EPP has all the parts so we can build a nice kit for you. Im sure you know who this is.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Teching In

Well coming from a guy inthe middle of a turbo build. I say go ahead and build a turbo kit over spary or s/c. I have around 13k in my car. most of the cost was from buying was swaping the car from v6 to v8 , wiring , tube k member, bmr this, moser that , blah blah blah .

Try not to get in the game of buying thing two times or buying what you dont need.

IMO Go turbo . just use a 80lbs injectors , AM fuel reg, dual intank fuel pumps , MLS gaskets ,stock crank ,h-beam rods and forged pistons. maybe some worked over stock heads.

you can build your self a nice kit for under $5k . I would say find a local race shop or pro welder to just build you a kit ( i went the local welder guy route ) . I think its bestto just find a company that makes the whole kit. saves you time and money

go to www.theturboforums.com This is how i got my start ). those are real turbo guys. they have tons of turbo info and parts .

this is what makes turbos cost so much

Hear is a nice shop that makes a kit for your car www.ky-turbo.com

Standard A/C delete 6.0L manifold Setups

The standard Street/Strip:

TC76 Turbo Setup:
-6.0L Manifolds
-Mild Steel 2.5” Charge Pipes with a T4 Flange and Integrated Waste Gate mount and narrow band O2 bungs
-Mild Steel 3” Down Pipe with a Wide band O2 bung run over the k-member
-Turbonetics TC76mm Turbo
-TurboSmart 38mm Waste Gate
-TurboSmart Blow Off Valve
-Front Mount Intercooler 31”x12”x4”
-Stainless steel 3” Intercooler Pipes with Integrated BOV mount
-4 Ply Silicone Couplings
-T-Bolt Clamps
$3700 + Shipping

Options:
-Alternator Relocation Bracket $125
-Oil Feed and Drain lines $110
-Pusher Fan setup $250
-Aftermarket Radiator $250

-TC78 Turbo + $150
-Stainless Steel Pipes + $400

6.0L Manifold Based:
S85, S88, or S91 Turbo
TurboSmart 50mm WG
TurboSmart 50mm BOV
2.5” Mild steel Charge pipe
-NB O2 Bungs
4” Mild Steel DP (Very Short dumped Under hood)
-WB O2 Bung
-Muffler Optional
3” Aluminum Cold Side pipes
24”x12”x4” Air to Air FMIC Standard
-Front Bumper Mounted Air to Water Intercooler Optional

$5100 for the A2A
$6100 for the A2W
Old 07-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Hey josh what kind of power are you makeing now that the cars is done? Im going to just get started with the 370, Im still looking for a block!! Im going to just start buying the fuel setup and start with the motor so I can try to avoide buying things that I dont need.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Teching In

It should be on the dyno soon and we will see what it makes. The dyno was down for the last month and a half and I have been waiting to get rear brakes on the new 12 bolt. I can get you a block when you get back thats not hard to find at all. All I know is that im going to push it till im out of turbo or injector what ever one comes first.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

I want a block asap so I can start getting parts in and sending them home, so If you can help me or direct me where to go that would be great. You know what I want, and my limitations
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

So im looking into the injectors now, 80 or 160 injectors? Stuck! I keep hearing about this e85, how does that work?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

e85 is fuel. It's gas mixed with ethanol.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Teching In

80's are going to be to small if you want to run e85. Just buy the driver box and get 160's and be done with it. You use up a lot of injector with e85 but you will make more power at the same boost level and its cheap.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im a turbo guy big time. If you can build your own go for it. But a F1 unit procharger on a 370 with a good fuel system will net you *** kicking power. But how much hp are you shooting for? I was in the same boat your in in 2005 lol, But I boght stuff from the sponsers here and had no problem. Epp,texas speed, speedinc,slp,lmr,and wthe ws6 store to name a few.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Staging Lane

Well I know e85 is fuel!! As for power you can never have enough but I would like to keep it a daily driver that I can drive to work and have fun on the weekends. Im not trying to spend all my money either so that why I decided to go with a custom kit that we can fab up to the car.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donws6
Well I know e85 is fuel!! As for power you can never have enough but I would like to keep it a daily driver that I can drive to work and have fun on the weekends. Im not trying to spend all my money either so that why I decided to go with a custom kit that we can fab up to the car.
If you want something you can turn the boost down on and be a sane not to crazy daily driver, but at the turn of a switch it turns into a rip roaring beast then a turbo or turbos are the way to go. I'm in the middle of my iron 370 twin turbo build myself. I watched the classifieds here and on other sites like a hawk to buy parts at awesome savings. The only used thing I have purchased is an intake. Everything else is new and I've probably saved over $4k just getting stuff people bought and didn't use. I traded my running stock LS2 with cam for a iron 370 in pieces at a local machine shop. All brand new parts, but the dude couldn't finish the build. It just needs put together along with a cam, oil pump, and timing chain. A local shop is doing the hot side fab work for me using C6 manifolds and twin Precision 61mm turbos.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd vote for a procharger. And yes I'm biased. I will honestly say I've never had a turbo car, so I can't speak for them. But I have had a couple procharged cars, and I've always been happy with the results I've got from what I have. I've never felt compelled at all to own a turbo setup after owning prochargers.

When I first started researching many years ago before I ever dove into forced induction, I found out just how much a turbo setup requires. Man, there is easily 2x more components and hassling than what you get with a self contained procharger. A procharger is literally a freakin bolt on! No changing exhaust required, no screwing around with oil lines or pumps, really, all you have to worry about as far as supporting it is the fueling system, but you have to do that with turbos as well.

Bottom line is, both have great capabilities, and both ways can get you great power and each has different pros and cons. I vote for simplicity. Forced induction setups are already a big enough headache and hassle any way you slice it. Why complicate it even more?
Old 07-04-2009, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
I'd vote for a procharger. And yes I'm biased. I will honestly say I've never had a turbo car, so I can't speak for them. But I have had a couple procharged cars, and I've always been happy with the results I've got from what I have. I've never felt compelled at all to own a turbo setup after owning prochargers.

When I first started researching many years ago before I ever dove into forced induction, I found out just how much a turbo setup requires. Man, there is easily 2x more components and hassling than what you get with a self contained procharger. A procharger is literally a freakin bolt on! No changing exhaust required, no screwing around with oil lines or pumps, really, all you have to worry about as far as supporting it is the fueling system, but you have to do that with turbos as well.

Bottom line is, both have great capabilities, and both ways can get you great power and each has different pros and cons. I vote for simplicity. Forced induction setups are already a big enough headache and hassle any way you slice it. Why complicate it even more?

This is the exact reason I chose to go with a D1SC Procharger on my build. The less extra stuff you gotta do the less areas you could potientially have issues. Procharger kits are pretty straight forward on the install & can be all buttoned up in a weekends time. Thats very appealing to me.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Well I have gather alot of info from posting this thread, now Im going to get down and start gathering up parts and/or a list of parts. I'm going to try to keep it as simple as I can starting with the block and just working my way out until the motor is done. then i will start hitting on the fuel and all the other supporting parts that im going to need! Any good tips on places to get some fairly cheap good parts?
Old 07-04-2009, 08:46 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well man, decide now before you start building the engine. Turbo setups like lower compression than supercharged applications. This will effect the heads and pistons you buy for sure.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Did you get my email about the boost ready shortblock that's here local?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I got the message, I think I would rather just build one, wouldnt it just be cheaper just to build one anyway then to buy that motor?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Donws6
Yeah I got the message, I think I would rather just build one, wouldnt it just be cheaper just to build one anyway then to buy that motor?
You wont build a 370ci with comparable parts or power potential for any where near the cost of the engine he is refering too. Too many upside to that engine to worry about building one.

Just my 2 cents......

Quick Reply: Turbo vs. Supercharger help