Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cheap turbo build??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjmatt
if you have an automatic, you dont even need a blowoff valve, put that money elsewhere.
so does that mean that every person, engineer, and auto maker has been wrong since before World War 2?

man, and here i was ready to spend all that money on a BOV jsut so i could duct tape a duck call to it............QWACK!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My auto factory turbo talons both awd and fwd have factory blow offs.Obviously factory feels they should be there and the factory don't put them on for sound reasons but to protect turbo. As said you still go on and off the throttle on auto cars.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only spent big money on turbo (new TC78), all other was cheap - ebay IC (don't like it), ebay piping (it will blow out in some places that are under tensile load unless you want to spend 5 minutes making a lip), truck manifolds, ebay wastegate, stainless pipes for exhaust, TIG welding for around 6$ per weld. I still need 60+ injectors (where can you get them for 180$????), second pump, finish the exhaust, but for now I think I'm under 2000$ into this build + a lot of my time. And of course HPTuners or EFILive (I will tune it myself). Reaches full boost by 3600rpm approx., and I haven't even wrapped exhaust pipes yet

Quick Reply: cheap turbo build??