Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

7 seconds...FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-R10-5
Your car was impressive at Milan Friday, thanks . I think you need to tell the board you made three 7 second passes Mark. A good race car is one that runs consistent. You had a consistent car. What is it like to leave with money this month?

I think it kills the PA guy at Milan Michigan when he says. Here comes another Ohio Boys Car. Then you all run another 7 second pass.

We didn't make it to the pits this trip. We've been there each month beginning with the 1320X in May.

Good Job!
Thanks, your right...first dove into the 7's on the second qualifying pass with a 7.83, also went 7.92 coasting and then the 7.81. Unfortunately, the worst pass of the night was in the finals against my good friend Steve Turley. I went in too "hot" and left on more boost than I wanted which caused tire spin about 60' feet into the run, Steve stood his up and we both pedaled it and he edged me out at the line 8.38 to my 8.40.

Always nice to leave with some money, even it is for the first loser spot, lol.

BTW-we hope to wear the PA guy out on the 31st, lol.

Thanks again,

Mark

Last edited by BlwnTA; 07-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats pretty cool with a hydraulic cam, congrats.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by nvrstsfd23
if he can ever stop spendiing all of his money on feeding his crew. Then all I have to say is TWINS to win( HaHa). Anyway congrats Mark glad I could be there to see it.
Got that right, I'm not sure what costs more, feeding you guys or buying race gas and ice-J/K.....glad you where there to help, it really makes a difference when I dont have to worry about everything.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah we put one ohio boy on the trailer next time we go after HOLLYWOOD Steve Turley and his mullet crew.lol
Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

huge congrats! how many rpms are you turning that motor if you are ok with telling us.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah we put one ohio boy on the trailer next time we go after HOLLYWOOD Steve Turley and his mullet crew.lol
Good luck with that!! It'll never happen
Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!
You coming to Norwalk this month?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats Mark and crew dogs!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
huge congrats! how many rpms are you turning that motor if you are ok with telling us.
Currently trying to shift around 7500 but I have shifted as high as 8000. It goes out the back at 7600 but that will drop a bit when I tighten the converter up. If the car stays consistent, we will start trying different shift points to see what the motor likes.

Originally Posted by koolrayz
Congrats!
You coming to Norwalk this month?
Currently do not plan on it...but you never know, lol. How is your new set-up coming Ray?

Last edited by BlwnTA; 07-05-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:44 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hope to start it up in the next week. I have been real busy at work so I cant get the time I need to have finished sooner.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Banned

Hopefully you're adding a little humor.

Yes, you beat Mike. Again he is experiencing ignition issues. Outside of the guy you put on the trailer. NONE of you have been number 1 qualifier at Milan this season.

And lets remember, Steve has won the "Class" twice - Mike has won the "Class" once. Facts are, this was the first time you guys made it through the first round at Milan this season. I didn't think it was necessary to say that before your comment. You take out a team member it's a victory... I think, you guys have a whole field of cars to beat everytime you go to Milan besides Ohio Boys Cars.

Yes, the mullet crew was fun to watch. Rather quick on their feet also. When no one knew if the Red Mustang or the Red Camaro had hit the wall and gone up in flames. Just a big fireball at the end of the track they moved out.

You guys put a few runs together. A big improvement from what you have been doing - good job!! Mike still has issues - outside of that no one broke - everyone came home safely. The Ohio Boys must have someone looking out for them. I was able to watch you all win. Then draft two trailers down I-75 at 80 mph.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:55 AM
7 Second Club

Yes, you beat Mike. Again he is experiencing ignition issues. Outside of the guy you put on the trailer. NONE of you have been number 1 qualifier at Milan this season.

And lets remember, Steve has won the "Class" twice - Mike has won the "Class" once. Facts are, this was the first time you guys made it through the first round at Milan this season. I didn't think it was necessary to say that before your comment. You take out a team member it's a victory... I think, you guys have a whole field of cars to beat everytime you go to Milan besides Ohio Boys Cars.

Yes, the mullet crew was fun to watch. Rather quick on their feet also. When no one knew if the Red Mustang or the Red Camaro had hit the wall and gone up in flames. Just a big fireball at the end of the track they moved out.

You guys put a few runs together. A big improvement from what you have been doing - good job!! Mike still has issues - outside of that no one broke - everyone came home safely. The Ohio Boys must have someone looking out for them. I was able to watch you all win. Then draft two trailers down I-75 at 80 mph.
WHOA.....that's just one of my crew just screwing with Steve....we are all friends, we all goto races together, pit together, do things outside of racing together. Steve and Mike are a big reason I have progressed as fast as I have. They are the fastest LS cars in the Midwest and their history preceeds them. They have sub 7.50 power and will be showing that real soon. As far as we all are concerned, we are kinda a three car team that's just out to have fun. The internal trash talking is just part of it...hell Steve's the worst, lol.

We would much rather race others but when you have 3 friends in 10-15 car fields it's just going to be that way more than we want. If I can keep the car consistent going forward maybe we won't see each other till the later rounds. No matter what, we love to have a good time and exploit how the LS smallblock can compete.

Mark

Last edited by BlwnTA; 07-05-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Mark, How much boost did you have on it out the back door?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Like Mark said this is all just fun with us and beatin each other down is part of it. I made a decision before racing Mark that cost me the round. The guy we would have faced in the next round was running 7.50s and I had to know what I could get out of the car. Knowing it may cost me the race, but was ok with Mark wining. If I knew the 7.50 car was gona break... I would have left my tune alone and beat Mark coasting to a 7.80 again.

Big congrats to Mark and crew!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 AM
7 Second Club

Who was the guy running the 7.50s, was it the white mustang with twins?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Great job Mark and crew!!! It was nice to see the "7" second run, I think you will have many more......

Kurt
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Who was the guy running the 7.50s, was it the white mustang with twins?
It was Junior with the flat black Mustang. Has a F2 small block. The white twins Mustang made a converter change and was having issues.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
9 Second Club

congrats
Old 07-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

congrats on the 7 sec. pass

The car looks awesome and backs up the looks.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

wow an congrats!!!!

Quick Reply: 7 seconds...FINALLY!