Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what rear gear is best for turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sluggish
I had 3.90s, if you only run a 26" tire it will only run about 134ish in 4th depending on your rpm limiter. Your car will go over 140 easy with that 80mm.
ya ill be running a 26" tire(15x10)prostar with a slick, shifting around 7000 prolly
Old 07-11-2009, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

With 3.73s you will be able to go 145 in 3rd gear at 7000 rpm.
http://www.f-body.org/gears/
Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
curveball

I'm a victim of circumstance. If I break something, and have another replacement something layingaround,...I use it.

I was running around on the street making not so crazy numbers on boost, running a 3.42 gear on 346cubes and two pt67's. Once I'd hit boost,..it'd blow the tires of the car,...at speeds of over 140mph. I can't have that cause I always don't run a sticky tire(soon to change). Anyways,...it was unuseable racing a bike cause i'd have to pedal the **** out of it to keep it straight. I broke that 3.42. I had a 2.73 diff laying around. Whatever.....lets do it. Through in my hardenedshafts and had at it.

I noticed no difference in how the car drove around town at all. It felt,..to me,...exactly the same,....minus the factor that the gears were way longer. I liked it. I put the car in 6th gear at 1000rpms,.....and was doin roughly 50-55mph.

More importantly,...my power is completely useable with Z rated 335's at high speeds finnally,....not to mention,......from a 35mph roll with drag radials,...the car will ******* straight up rape face. Doesn't spin but just a little in 1st. I run a non turbo friendly cam...and a set of gears that everyone told me not to run. On a car with a couple of big *** turbos that "would never spool".

The cam, the gears,....best choices I ever made for my car. Now, with more power coming down the road,...the gears are looking better and better by the moment.
to many don't try it

Quick Reply: what rear gear is best for turbo's