Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Garrett Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Garrett Intercooler

Does anyone know where I can have a vertical flow twin turbo application intercooler made up. Who can I talk to and get some prices. I'm talking about the setups like that treadstone or whatever it's called. I want a double density vertical flow core from garrett with the double inlets on the bottom with the big inlet coming out the top similar to a aps setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Chris
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd guess the biggest problem you're probably going to have right now is sourcing a Garrett core. I've had a couple core sizes on order for months with no luck.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Try Bell Intercoolers. Their cores and work are great, prices OK if you don't expect ebay prices for custom work.

Jim
Old 07-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Launching!

Bells work OK, but you'd be surprised. Once you use a Garrett core you won't go back.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

What data leads you to believe they are better? My Spearco had a Garret core and it was almost identical to my Bell, and Bell has a lot more size and thickness options to choose from.

Jim
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
irc
Teching In

you guys would be suprised if you new where there made,lets just say between bell,garret,spearco,turbonetics are all made the same.there are only 3 manf. in the usa that manf. bar and plate cores.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Delta,
The parts swapping, comparisons, and testing my self and others have done throughout the years have proved they are better. I've never personally seen a Spearco built I/C using a Garrett core. Bell does have an awesome selection of core size available and that has come in handy for some of the bike stuff. But hands downs size for size a Bell core can not hold a candle to a Garrett unit.

IRC,
Garrett cores are made in Mexico in a plant owned by Honeywell. If you've ever actually held one of there cores in your hand you'd be able to tell a difference immediately.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

holy crap so your telling me there isn't any cores to be had on the shelf. This project seems to be taking longer and longer. what about end tank fabrication. who do you suggest to do that.

Quick Reply: Garrett Intercooler