Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Solid motor mount custom exhaust manifolds??

Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solid motor mount custom exhaust manifolds??

Hi there guys

My build with 94mm turbocharger and LSX block is getting close to end... When I first searched about motor mounts at the beginning of this project, I decided to use the stock ones as my future K-member might not be suitable with the solid motor mounts. However, now I am planning to stick with my oem k-member as by builder is doing piping accordingly, so now I am thinking about getting some solid motor mounts and poly trans mount.

The problem is, after searching, I found out that Spohn solid motor mounts raise the engine a lot. This might be a problem for me as my exhaust manifolds are custom made and the dimensions are according to original engine sitting height.

My question is how much exactly do the Spohns lift the engine with stock k-member? Is there any other solid mount manufacturer that has the same height as the stock mounts??

Thanks for the help.

Here is my engine and manifolds...

Old 07-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Teching In

On top of the above info, I have UMI adjustable torque arm and relocation brackets, if it makes any difference for your feedback
Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

any mount you use to replace the old stockers will raise the engine back to where it needs to be height wise. the old mounts rubber is old and starts to sag and let the engine fall. when i replaced mine back in the day with solids it brought my engine up 1/4 of a inch up
Old 07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Have you used solid motor mounts?? Which one?

Or should I just go with UMI Road race k-member that has its own solid motor mounts on it. How much would it raise the engine?? I am not sure if UMI k-member can withstand the stress coming from my 427 lsx block, 94mm turbo and stainles steel intercooler piping and headers. Car's nose will be much heavier than stock after all is finished...
Old 07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yup, sphon's. had them back in the day and then got rid of them since the tubular kmember had pedistools already
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Teching In

I see, thanks for the input
Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Reject
any mount you use to replace the old stockers will raise the engine back to where it needs to be height wise. the old mounts rubber is old and starts to sag and let the engine fall. when i replaced mine back in the day with solids it brought my engine up 1/4 of a inch up
Agree....I think mine actually came up a little more than that because my stock mounts were wore out pretty bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Solid motor mount custom exhaust manifolds??