Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Autometer boost gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autometer boost gauges

Does anybody know if with Autometer boost gauges, same kind of style, electric Pro Comp Ultra Lite boost gauges,

I can get a new 30 psi reading gauge I will buy,

disconnect the remote sender's removable clip from the back of my current 20 psi reading gauge,

and connect it to the back of the 30 psi reading gauge's same slot in the back, not using the one supplied in the new one's box? That they use the same, compatible sender?

That way, it will be alot easier for me to swap gauges obviously without redoing all the wiring again.

Anybody know? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Teching In

You said 20Psi is what you currently have? Autometer only shows a 15 psi or a 30 psi guage and each has it's own sender. So I'm guessing you have to go with the sender supplied with the 30 psi guage. Check out Autometers website.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98 LS1 SC
You said 20Psi is what you currently have? Autometer only shows a 15 psi or a 30 psi guage and each has it's own sender. So I'm guessing you have to go with the sender supplied with the 30 psi guage. Check out Autometers website.
Sorry, I meant 15... I got confused with their mechanical gauges that I was looking at.

So, yeah... I'm going to check their site again... I couldn't find info on their senders before.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Look under accessories/replacement senders. They list two seperate sending units for the 15 psi and the 30 psi guage.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay this is for the 4376, currently installed:

http://www.autometer.com/productPDF/0598A.pdf

Then, when you open the instructions for the 4377:

http://www.autometer.com/productPDF/0598A.pdf

It's the same instructions...

I was thinking, the map sensor and sender can't be different designs can they? I'm hoping it's one design they fabricate that sends the same signal to the gauge. Then, depending on the gauge, either 15 or 30 psi, it displays the correct boost position with the appropriate needle position... Know what I mean? At least, I HOPE it's that way of course...

I guess I could call them (not today), but I thought I might check with you guys here first.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Look under accessories/replacement senders. They list two seperate sending units for the 15 psi and the 30 psi guage.
Ah, I missed that!

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Autometer gives generic instructions for their guages. Looks like the sending units hook up the same but they are definitely different units for the 15 psi and the 30 psi guage. Hope this helps. Looks to me like all you need to do is swap sending units, not rewire everything. I run a mechanical boost guage so I don't have this issue.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Autometer gives generic instructions for their guages. Looks like the sending units hook up the same but they are definitely different units for the 15 psi and the 30 psi guage. Hope this helps. Looks to me like all you need to do is swap sending units, not rewire everything. I run a mechanical boost guage so I don't have this issue.
Yeah, I kind of wish I had a mechanical one right now.

Quick Reply: Autometer boost gauges