Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Modified Washer Tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 476 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by blazin
Im gonna run -20WW fluid
When I originally tried that, my IAT's weren't high enough to properly vaporize the WW fluid. The result was about a 40ftlb bog when the meth started spraying. This is why I went to pure meth. Some people, however, have great results with the -20 mix.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna try it I guess and see what happens. Its hot here so maybe that will help.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just reading around on here and came across this. I'd read another thread talking about how great goop was, I applied it last night, and the MF'r is still leaking around the bottom of the tank where the nozzle/line is tapped. I just did a big ring of goop around the nozzle - guess it didn't hold. Looks like I get to wait and watch the meth drip down below the nozzle and then pull it out and try again.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Could anyone post a pic of your set-up? Where you are going in the WW Tank at?
Old 08-23-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Photochop
Just reading around on here and came across this. I'd read another thread talking about how great goop was, I applied it last night, and the MF'r is still leaking around the bottom of the tank where the nozzle/line is tapped. I just did a big ring of goop around the nozzle - guess it didn't hold. Looks like I get to wait and watch the meth drip down below the nozzle and then pull it out and try again.
Impossible... Make sure you're using the red Automotive Goop.

It will hold anything, even fuel.

It's pretty thick. Make sure you spread it thoroughly with a plastic knife or something... Also, make sure you're following the curing process, which IIRC is 24 hours where it can be completely dry.

I've had Goop sealing up my the area where my line is tapped on my WW Tank for over 2 years now... No leaks.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

also tank has to be dry and not currently leaking during application
Old 09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Found the problem, the fitting was an older plastic one on this snow kit. Called them and they suggested the metal replacement bulkhead. Got it installed yesterday morning and just put it back in the car. I'm going to wait til tomorrow to put meth in it, as I re-gooped and reinstalled the pump fitting with it. I think that another isse besides the old plastic bulkhead possibly being faulty, the hole that was in the tank previously was larger than needed and it may have been seeping due to that. I'll post results tomorrow, if this thing still leaks I give up lol

Last edited by Photochop; 09-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, this stuff can be frustrating each time, letting it cure each time, only to find out it wasn't done right etc... Hang in there, a bunch of us have done it. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Got 'er all sealed up! I reinstalled the new fitting last saturday and let it cure til sunday. Then reinstalled the tank in the car sunday and regooped the fitting into the pump sunday and let it sit til monday evening before driving it. I ripped on it once, and didn't notice any knock and it pulled pretty good. The green LED that came with the snow kit isn't wired up, so thats my project for this weekend so I know for sure that the pump is coming on. The car didn't have any fluid in the reservoir for some time, and I'm pretty sure the previous owner had gotten on it some with just pump 93 and no meth (not really sure how it survived, guess the knock sensors work). Is there a failsafe for when theres no fluid present the pump doesnt turn on? In the back of my mind I'm concerned about the pump failing because of previous situations...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

any of ya'll got some pics of tapping the WW tank for meth? id like to see where exactly to do this at

Quick Reply: Modified Washer Tank