can not get car to start

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can not get car to start

I am having troubles starting the car.

Well here is the deal.

I installed the powerdyne setup and could start my car then I added some stuff and this is where I do not know what is wrong.

I installed

tr6 plugs
intank fuel pump
fuel pressure gauge

I have a whole lot more stuff installed but these are the only things that have been installed and the car will not start.

Can it be the fuel pressure gauge. reason I ask is because I had to hook to the fuel rail as you all know and I had to take out the schrader valve. Is there anything that I should have done that would make it not start and run.

The fuel pump I did an intank install but I cut a hole in the hatch I am pretty sure that every thing is hooked up corectly the only thing that I could think of on this one is. will the fuel pump flood the engine or something and keep the engine from running.

and the tr6 plugs i have no idea if these would have anything to do with it. It is just somethign that I have installed since the car will not start.

Please someone help me
Old 11-16-2003, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would do my basic checks if i were you. find out if the motor is getting fire,and then since you were messing with your fuel pump, make sure thats wired correctly. Do you hear the fuel pump come on wen you tunr the key in ac position?. Whats your fuel pressure at?.

Quick Reply: can not get car to start