Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I Know I Know, Not Another Ebay build!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same kit, I have it draining to the front driver side of the pan. I had to go with solid mounts because I was told all the piping on the driver side will eventually melt the motor mount. I actually like the solids alot! I had no issue with k-member but I did have to grind down my bell housing to fit the v clamp on the passenger side header. I also had an issue using the downpipe, no matter how it was situated I could not keep it from hitting the steering shaft. I ended up hacking off the DP and dumping it. For the price it isnt bad if you have alot of time to burn, if I did it again I would get a hot side from one of our sponsors like KYTP.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 AM
SMG
Teching In

What seems to be the biggest time consumer? the Down pipe? Other than that seems like on an f-body switching to pushers is seeming the only other semi difficult task. Im planning on dropping the motor out to with the subframe and cleaning up the engine bay at the same time so the install of the kit shouldnt be to god aweful
Old 03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Fitting all the pipes together correctly without having leaks is the biggest by far. An easy second for me, since I didnt drop the engine, was putting in the solid motor mounts. The fans were damn near the easiest thing, I reused the stock wiring, just changed connectors, works great. The downpipe is the most frustrating part and seems to be hit or miss, some guys have no issues and some guys dont.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
Fitting all the pipes together correctly without having leaks is the biggest by far. An easy second for me, since I didnt drop the engine, was putting in the solid motor mounts.

The downpipe is the most frustrating part and seems to be hit or miss, some guys have no issues and some guys dont.
+1 and +1, the solids were a huge PITA and the downpipe had me kicking babies and shoving old women into traffic.

The best way by far to do this is the way Dean did it and the way you're planning on: take the damn motor out
Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my install a while ago, I don't remember it being that big of a pain in the ***.

I do know what is a pain in the *** though. Having the solid mounts ***** you severely when you swap transmissions. Just an FYI, I ended up dropping down the k member and was able to get to everything. This was all on the ground with the car on jack stands
Old 03-15-2010, 09:07 AM
SMG
Teching In

awesome guys....i appreciate all the help and info. I have looked through alot of the build threads and have seen mostly everyone doing them on the ground in your driveway which i give MAD props too. Mine will be getting done on a lift at the shop I work at part time so I guess as far as that goes I'm getting spoiled but I definitely appreciate all the info. Anyone else running an inline 255 fed by the stocker? run into any issues with that? havent found to many threads on that topic....?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would this kit work in a 81 TA?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SMG Motoring Inc.
awesome guys....i appreciate all the help and info. I have looked through alot of the build threads and have seen mostly everyone doing them on the ground in your driveway which i give MAD props too. Mine will be getting done on a lift at the shop I work at part time so I guess as far as that goes I'm getting spoiled but I definitely appreciate all the info. Anyone else running an inline 255 fed by the stocker? run into any issues with that? havent found to many threads on that topic....?
Not sure, I used dual intank 255s. Pretty easy as long as you dont cut into ****....lol
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
Would this kit work in a 81 TA?
Build your own!!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

I agree, Build your own kit for that car. Not sure if this kit will work around the k member in those cars.

Quick Reply: I Know I Know, Not Another Ebay build!