Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS drivers turbo blew today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS IS MY THOUGHT ON THE TURBO SUBJECT lol
I think the turbos wernt balanced correctly !Bottom line!
If any of you have ever seen a crank being balanced youll know kinda how the balanceing process works and isnt much diffrent then how the turbo wheels are done.I actually think that the (zeroing out) part of the machine was off somehow before (whomever)? started balancing these turbo's for APS. Bottom line,,, APS is *** out with anybody from this site thats bought or is thinking of buying a new TT kit for there new camaro after all the bullshit with Peter and the hoses and turbos ,,,,Who in there right mind, no matter how pumped up there next kit is going to be , would even think of buying one ? Yes ,,,they might sell some ,,but not like they would have if this kit would have been all it was pumped up to be
We were treated like a one time customer and there PR was ******* horrible. Once treated like a oner time customer! you can forget ever selling another product to that customer again and APS should have thought for the long haul and realized that we the LS1 tech members are the future of there company. Word of mouth goes a long way and bad word of mouth goes even further ((IMO)) APS might as well forget making a kit for the new camaro LOL because ide bet 90%of all future new camaro /Fbody guys surf this site and know whats what in the performance world from this site alone not counting performance mags .
Bad word of mouth example,,,, Dave inall or whatever his name was. LOLThe Incon TT kit LOL which was a bad *** kit by the way!You never heard of those turbos going bad ???
Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ the only real person that helps with these turbo kits is louis. if it wasnt for him. we wouldnt know as much.

Peter = sucks

louis(LG) = rules
Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peter is like a poltician! Hard to get a straight direct answer out of him most of the time for sure.

They need to work on their pr and their quality control. They shoudl warranty any turbo defective for sure in the warranty period but it might only be 90 days on most turbos.At worst they should sell replacement center sections at cost . Cost on the centers is likely not that bad and centers are pretty much plug and play as they are already balanced.

They should make sure they don't buy knockoffs. They should fire their balancing shop
if thats the main problem.

They should offer the upgraded inlet tubes for free to people that got the defective ones. They should offer a sway bar fix kit free or minimal charge.

And they actually should offer a few other options for the kit. Ceramic coating option on the exhaust manifolds and turbo hot side. T bolt clamps instead of their worm gear types.And it would be nice to see garett ball bearing turbos optional as well. Garetts are generally very high quailty and very reliable but then so are genuine mits. Maybe some stainless an options for oil return and maybe a scavenger pump option as well.

They should have a 24 hour or at least direct support line set up. Could also be better on answering their emails.

I would be kicking some butt if I was managing that company.
But please don't think all the turbo companies are that great either..
STS first gen systems are not that great. Ati had issues in past with their supers as did vortech, paxton, powerdyne. Many turbo companies on here ripped off members shipping nothing at all many times or total crap quality kits.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

welcome to the culb my friend **** sucks, aps sucks and so does anything else that comes from them
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was so harsh Tom buddy! LOL
Mine are so far hanging in and trying to give them a good workout every day now sometimes multiple times a day.
Now get that new motor and those pretty new snails on your car so I can see what numbers they can make and how quick they can push cars thru the 1/4.And how reliable they are. And I know you will test those suckers out Tom...
Now about your tune...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 PM
9 Second Club

i was told today by a guy that im in over my head pretty much with the tune thing LOL
Old 07-23-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 914 Likes on 654 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Yes it seems APS sucks. No Peter has never given a straight answer to a question.

If it wasn't for the turbo problems and the shitty customer support I would have already bought a APS TT kit.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Launching!

how many of you guys are running a turbo timer for cool down? im still puzzled why you f body guys are going through turbos but us gto's arent
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM

^ GTO guy here with bad turbos. From what i'v read on the GTO forum there are some.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can say is about new products. It takes TIME to see if they are good. Until you get a large enough group of guys putting them on, and actually putting a load on them such as racing or at least "Spirited" driving, you will not see if they last. I say the same about people who get a new clutch kit like Monster.... They just hit the Fbody scene and yet unproven, but you will see fifty post on how cool they are, or how it kicks *** after 200 miles.

Put 20k on one and let me know.

That goes for ANY other new product, like Fuddle, or APS. Get some real data and see where they fall.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
All I can say is about new products. It takes TIME to see if they are good. Until you get a large enough group of guys putting them on, and actually putting a load on them such as racing or at least "Spirited" driving, you will not see if they last. I say the same about people who get a new clutch kit like Monster.... They just hit the Fbody scene and yet unproven, but you will see fifty post on how cool they are, or how it kicks *** after 200 miles.

That goes for ANY other new product, like Fuddle, or APS. Get some real data and see where they fall.
I agree with you,,, But were talking about proven turbos here that should not have (ANY) problems with them at all IMO!!Dont get me wrong ,,,I love my APS kit,im just not happy about all the bad turbos that whent out UNCHECKED or UNCORRECTED and because of this, (with the horrible PR)lol ,i would (NEVER) buy another from APS.
What's that saying??? Screw me once ,,,shame on you!Screw me twice ,,,Shame on me !Right? Right!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chinese turbo's were sourced for the APS kits me thinks...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine

i would have to disagree with you some there, it is the co. responsability to test,research and develop the product they are trying to sell. destructive, fatigue,etc. whatever tests conducted needed to find the flaws.
its not like they were selling a cone filter or something, i dont agree with paying over 7k$ and finding out that the turbos are gonna b a 50/50.
the end user should not have to find the flaws in the product.
another guy here called them out on there turbos, that they were not as they claimed, and he got banned and ridiculed. apparently he was not too off
Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frcefed98
and bingo was his name-o.

coming from quite an extensive turbo vehicle background (cars, trucks, heavy equipment) i highly doubt these turbo's were the true Mitsub's they were originally thought to be. Mitsub or any OEM factory turbo are built for reliability foremost, with performance an afterthought.
it seems LG is at least going to be doing APS kits allowing you to step right up to their turbos right off the bat but im waiting to get a price from them.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Exclamation

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Pretty much the entire kit, outside of the Tial gates/Blow Off (and maybe the scavenge pump) is from China.

The turbos
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...er-TB-005-.jpg

The damn manifolds say APS on them!

http://china-autoparts.en.made-in-ch...d-EM-003-.html

Poke around the site and you can find all the other parts

Inall...errr I mean Peter knows a few Chinese manufacturers t osay the least.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 914 Likes on 654 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I wish I could get the kit minus the turbos and get good ones from some where else.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ill send you a pm when i get the price from LG on going with a new APS kit with their turbos instead of the stock APS ones. or Louis could just do a new post about it so its not a big secret.
im not surprised that the kit or their stuff is chinese made, APS probably just makes up the jigs and let them build the kits. on an exhaust manifold im okay with that, but the turbo's should of at least of been checked for balance issues
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by subarubill96
im not surprised that the kit or their stuff is chinese made, APS probably just makes up the jigs and let them build the kits. on an exhaust manifold im okay with that, but the turbo's should of at least of been checked for balance issues
Why is it that some on this forum give Inall/Peter a pass on their Chinese kit but lambaste others for buying/using Chinese kits?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what other chinese kits? other than the ebay kits, i dont know of any.

APS made a kit that is very professional looking, fits pretty good, keeps AC and is well priced. the fact that it was probably made in china and uses potentially garbage turbo's is something people have to live with. i dont remember people being forced to add turbos to their car...

their customer service leaves much to be desired for sure (i know once you get the kit your on your own but this is typical of almost any turbo company)
It never sat right with me when i heard about Inall working there but it is what it is. i dont have a dog in this fight yet because im still debating which system id like to go with but APS with upgraded turbo's from LG is my top choice ATM.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

The Ebay kits are what I was referencing. The fact that the APS crap is recycled Chinese Woks (you said "probably" as if the links I provided were from a web page I made and host on my own server) just like the Ebay kit(s) what's the difference?
I mean you even state the turbos are garbage, the customer service is non-existent and Inall is still able to screw over more Americans (sure there is a Peter that runs the place BUT you're delusional if you think it's anyone other than Dave Inall trolling and posting on the forums).
Your money and time to R/R the crap so buy what makes you happy (and it gives me something to chuckle about later on when you post your issues).

Quick Reply: APS drivers turbo blew today!