Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help car wont start!!!! need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ok ive traced all the wires to the crank position sensor and they were all good but i also wraped all 3 of them individually in black electrical tape and i also replaced the crank position sensor with a brand new one and still nothing its doing the same thing

ok lets talk news i dont want to hear

i took my stock crank, new rods, new pistons, flywheel and stuff to terry walters precision engines (they've been around forever!) to get my crank polished and my rotating assembly balanced. how hard/likely is it that they could have put the reluctor ring on wrong? would the have even pulled it off to polish it? i have never seen one get polished so i dont know if it goes in a machine or what. also can it go on wrong? if so can it still spin if it is in wrong? would it make these symptoms? i guess so
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
i didnt tune the car its on a kind of mail order tune thing from nick williams of williams performance to get it runing and check for leaks and stuff

but it doesnt really sound like the harness tho because your car would actualy start tho correct? it wouldnt make it back fire and stuff if the map sensor harness was bad would it?

I could get it to run for a few seconds wih the wrong IFR values & with the MAP wires switched around wrong it would fire for 1 second (if even that) and just die. Wish I could help more, keep us posted & hope you get it going again soon.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ok ive traced all the wires to the crank position sensor and they were all good but i also wraped all 3 of them individually in black electrical tape and i also replaced the crank position sensor with a brand new one and still nothing its doing the same thing

ok lets talk news i dont want to hear

i took my stock crank, new rods, new pistons, flywheel and stuff to terry walters precision engines (they've been around forever!) to get my crank polished and my rotating assembly balanced. how hard/likely is it that they could have put the reluctor ring on wrong? would the have even pulled it off to polish it? i have never seen one get polished so i dont know if it goes in a machine or what. also can it go on wrong? if so can it still spin if it is in wrong? would it make these symptoms? i guess so

The reluctor ring on backwards is a possability, I dont want to be negative but if you flip the MAP plug around and it dosent run then the reluctor ring would be my next guess.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres a few pics to maybe help

edit: my top pic got messed up but you can see how its upposed to be labeled

A
B
C

also maybe some more things to help

my main fuel pump is wired into the fuse box through the little half fuse hole that says ign so when the key is on the fuel pump is on but when i turn the key and the car is running it will be running still correct?

also the main power wire for my versa fueler is running straight from the battery the instructions said to run it off of a 12v switch but would that really matter?

hhhmm... what else could be useful info? if you know anything uselfull any questions that might help please ask i dont want to drop this engine back out just to check the reluctor ring and it end up being ok and it be something else little please feel free to ask guys
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for help!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I had a similer problem with my BS3 on initial startup and it was the wrong power wire. Just for kicks try running your injector driver stright from the battery somehow. Some wires lose power during cranking.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thats true, in the instructions for my Versa Fueler/driver it tells you to make sure you get power while the starter is turning over on the wire you use to power the injector driver. I used a red or pink wire that was on top by the passengers side fender, just have someone turn the motor over while you test it with a DVOM or test light, it should have power the whole time the key is on and the engine is turning over.

Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 08-03-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

02 anti vnm, Dude I feel really bad for you. I totally understand how frustrating this kind of bullshit can be. I'm out of suggestions as I have no experience with the low imp inj stuff but my best wishes are with you.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Can you post up a tune and a part number for your map sensor?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the good words cobrakiller means a lot man

My driver box is wired directly to my bat so that shouldn't be an issue

98camarod
Ima post back in just a second with my map part number but as for the tune I didn't do it so I don't know anything about it the best I can do is call Williams performance and see if they can email it to me. Is that possible?

Thanks a bunch guys! Your great help!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I talked to the machine shop earlier and they looked and in the records and said they never pulled my reluctor ring off and that the only reason they would take that off is if it was going on a different crank. They said they leave it on there when polishing and ballancing. But I'm trying to get pics of my build off of my buddies camera. There should be a few on there with the crank so yall can double check for me.

I'm pretty fed up with messing with it so I think I'm going to stop fooling with it so I don't mess it up. As soon as I get my 12 bolt I'm going to take it to Williams performance and let the pros. Deal with it and log some data and find out what's really up with it

Thanks for so much help guys ill post back with what the problem really was when I finally find out
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

man that really does suck.. let us know what you figure out..
Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Have you done anything else with this issue?!!!? I have been having all kinds of trouble with my car and the same simptoms as you have at times!!!......last night I finally traced it down to everything is getting fire and fuel to the injectors but the plugs dont seem to be soaked with fuel like they should be.....well at least two of them werent!! Im getting this checked out today but the only damn thing I didnt buy new was the 96# injectors and for some stupid reason I didnt have them cleaned!!! So.......clogged or non working injectors would cause every issue I have been having!!! Maybe thats whats going on with yours to?.........Ill definitly let you know if it fixes mine!! I feeel your pain!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got a call and they were full of junk.....some bearly spittin out when tryin to prime!!! If they cant get em cleaned by this afternoon it will be monday before I can get em!!! Check it out.....might be good news for both of us!! Ha!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bc56f100
Just got a call and they were full of junk.....some bearly spittin out when tryin to prime!!! If they cant get em cleaned by this afternoon it will be monday before I can get em!!! Check it out.....might be good news for both of us!! Ha!
Glad you got it figured out, I put used injectors in mine too but I had them cleaned & flowed first. Theres a place called paradise racing and they did them for 10.00 each. Very worth it if you ask me.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hear ya!!!! if this is the problem im gona go...
Old 09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey man sorry i never posted back ive been meaning to. willams performance figured out my problem it was the coil harness' were on backwards, right sides just backwards try those and see if they fix it very simple fix just stupid on my part. i didnt think you could even do that lol but when your injectors get back monday try that and then post back man hope it fixes it i know how you feel i wanted to rip my hair out lol
Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet!! Good to hear!! Ill let you know for sure if it works!! They said they the injectors were Nasty!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah Baby Yeah!!!!!! Never been so happy to have broke parts!!!!! The injectors are crap!! They were spitting and dripping all throughout the range!! Totally explains everything!! Now just gota get some new ones and we should be able to tune it!!! Cruisin the Coast here I come!!! Hahaha!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bc56f100 did you ever solve your problem for sure?

Quick Reply: help car wont start!!!! need help!!!