Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help!!!!!

Alright guys, I really think that my car is freaking cursed. I had nothing but issues after issues....and some more issues with this freaking car . I was driving it last night trying to get all the remaining oil that was mainly (I think) still trapped in the muffler from the last problem (insuficient oil drain from the turbos), but anyway, I was in 3rd or 4th gear going about 45-50mph, and was very carefully trying not to get into boost (I'm still breaking-in the motor) but then, I started to see about 1-2lbs of boost and the next thing I see is bunch of smoke billowing from the back, I pulled over and looked underneath and I could see oil flowing right underneath, sort of in between the oil pan and the bellhousing. So, I limped the car back into the garage just making sure that I still have oil pressure all that time. I have to mention that during this time my engine vent sytem is closed (factory oil cap is on and pvc system has a one-way-valve in the line) I know I have to vent the system, but since I was still in the break-in period, I didn't think it would be an issue. Do you guys think that the rear main seal was pushed out due to the crankcase pressure??? This is so extremely frustrating! Any input would really be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy smokes, batman!!! people were rubber necking, but no one stop to help.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I understand correctly, you have no venting to atmosphere? That is not good.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You're probably forcing oil past the rings with no crank case ventilation. Hence the reason for the smoke.