Old 08-21-2009, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2500cfm...pullers. The new curved blade fans pull 3000cfm. `
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
Not really, the electric pump's flow less then stock. If you were to take a bunch of short trips it may help a ton to have the fan and pump on for a couple mins after the car turns off but over a long trip they are about the same or slightly less effective then a stocker.
I can tell you for a FACT it works! My car would run at 200+ all the time. Now I can drive down the hwy or sit with my car in the staging lanes and never get to 180. Do what you want but it works. I use to listen to the stock works better. I wish I would have changed it a long time ago. Btw I only have one one fan.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I can tell you for a FACT it works! My car would run at 200+ all the time. Now I can drive down the hwy or sit with my car in the staging lanes and never get to 180. Do what you want but it works. I use to listen to the stock works better. I wish I would have changed it a long time ago. Btw I only have one one fan.
Well this is very encouraging. I am going to fix everything else firt and if that dosn't fix the problem, then I will change out to a electric pump.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Youd be suprised how much the front air dam helps. When I first put my car together it was a cool night and it would overheat with the ls1 and turbo. I had the front air dam off. I put it back on the same night it was a total difference. Do you have a turbo blanket?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blazin
Youd be suprised how much the front air dam helps. When I first put my car together it was a cool night and it would overheat with the ls1 and turbo. I had the front air dam off. I put it back on the same night it was a total difference. Do you have a turbo blanket?
No blanket yet. Josea is out of stock on them till next week. I have the air dam on the car, I just have to relocate it closer to the nose since the rad is moved forward as well.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also had to add a blanket to mine because the turbo was cooking my coolant. Wrapping all the pipes and blanket made my engine bay way cooler .
Old 08-22-2009, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blazin
I also had to add a blanket to mine because the turbo was cooking my coolant. Wrapping all the pipes and blanket made my engine bay way cooler .
I am waiting on Josea. As soon as they come in, I will be getting one asap!LOL!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
9 Second Club

Good news update. Things I changed. Installed a new battery, moved the radiator away from the wastegate pipe(it was melting the top of the fan shroud), drained out the antifreeze/water and went with straight water and a bottle of water wetter, and wrapped the wastegate pipe as well. Results today , the water temp never got above 180deg. Now it was about 10deg. cooler this afternoon(86deg vs. 96deg) than it was last week so I know this hepled out as well, but so far so good!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
flex a lite now makes that same fan set-up with a swirled blade that is supposed to work better.
Correct...

The FAL 440 (440 for the pusher combo).

I just added this to the front of my AC condenser.

Along with a single FAL puller on the passenger side of the radiator, there are now three fans total on my car, lol.

Turbo blanket, stock radiator in the stock location, AC/condenser, and the cowl cut in the back to allow the air to exit back over the windshield.

Took all that to keep my temps under 200 in traffic for me.

Stock water pump, 50/50 Dexcool and distilled water.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Good news update. Things I changed. Installed a new battery, moved the radiator away from the wastegate pipe(it was melting the top of the fan shroud), drained out the antifreeze/water and went with straight water and a bottle of water wetter, and wrapped the wastegate pipe as well. Results today , the water temp never got above 180deg. Now it was about 10deg. cooler this afternoon(86deg vs. 96deg) than it was last week so I know this hepled out as well, but so far so good!
I believe the largest impact on your result came from going straight water.

Good ****.

Quick Reply: LSX427 Cooling issue's????