Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kentucky Turbo is doing TT my build

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i dont get is that we all know that this dude is paying for all this to get done, so why is their 4 pages of asking what kind of fuel system he needs im sure that his builder will sort that out......again this is a dick swinging competition but why not if you have the money ..updates please and people should stop hating...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea ive priced out the twin kit i want to build and using stainless and aluminum and the price is right around 8 grand or so with some really sick hookups on all the top notch parts i want to use, to build a kit capable of 1200 hp or so on high boost.. so 8 grand in just parts alone i can totally see how 12-15 can be had with slight parts mark up and of course the crazy amount of time it takes to put together a kit capable of reliable big hp that can catch the cover of magazienes. if it wasnt for the people i know like turbols1ss and psychopjv and others, my dream of high hp FI would never be pheasable but its all a just a matter of saving up the money to do it.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The thing about it is that you pay x amount of money for a custom setup and your done. Outside of mabe picking up a few little parts to make the build better there isn't really any other expense. It's kind of like a bid. I'm sure that any of the turbo fab shops will stumble a little on their first few kits so they might take it in the shorts a little on their labor but once they get their routine down then it is more profitable for them to build the kits. That being said, you don't get a call from the turbo fab shop and hear "I've ran into some problems with the car and it's gonna cost a lot more than we intially talked about." When you do a custom build you do a consultation (so to speak) and tell them exactly what you want out of the kit. It's their job to draw up a quote or bid to let you know what it would take to build it. Once that is done and the money is paid it should be a done deal unless your like me and can't make up your freakin mind lol. Anyways Josh has been great to deal with and all in all I just enjoy bs-ing with the guy. Hell there's some times I really didn't even talk about the turbo kit with Josh lol. Anyways you do get what you paid for. A well thought out kit, good materials, a guy who knows what the hell he's doing and if there ever happens to be a problem with something then guess what: He answers the phone when ya call or if he is busy he calls you back. That in itself people is well worth what he asks for his kits and they are VERY competitively priced in regards to other kits I've priced out. Anyways lets see some pics man I can't wait lol. I'll have to dig up my thread here soon and update on the pics. I finally got around to getting the engine out of the baggy lol. Jeremy I'll get with ya after the holiday on the radiator setup I'm checking out. Later Chris
Old 12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by davidadavila
what i dont get is that we all know that this dude is paying for all this to get done, so why is their 4 pages of asking what kind of fuel system he needs im sure that his builder will sort that out......again this is a dick swinging competition but why not if you have the money ..updates please and people should stop hating...
Great question considering in this link https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...c78s-kytp.html

built a running twinn turbo in 18 days with video.

Sorry this is taking so long. Hope it all wrks out for the owner of the car.

VG
Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper Guy
Great question considering in this link https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...c78s-kytp.html

VG
Hey Chris, The guy building this kit is the same guy that built Steve's. The difference is that I started Steve's build thread the day that we received the kit on the pallet (months after he ordered it). This guy started the thread the day he ordered the kit. Steve's kit is the template for these other 2, if I have it understood correctly.

Also, unless the shop that you are paying to build your kit is also assembling it, count on coming out of pocket for "misc" items that add up quick.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Viper guy,
Take it easy dude. There's no scamming going on here. This isn't a mail order turbo kit. This is a twin kit that allows a/c to be retained, powersteering to be retained, make 1k+hp on the street, good plug access and requires only a few things to aid fitment on the car. We all knew that it would take a little while to get the kit made. Hell I don't even mind that it takes a little longer. I know that Josh is taking his time to make sure the kit is right and not just blowing through it to see how many kits he can get out on the road. It's quality fellas not quantity. It's great to call Josh up and check on the kit once a week. He's a hell of a guy to b.s. with. I consider him to be a real good friend (and I haven't even met him yet) considering all the things he had done for me before I even bought the kit. Anyways, kits of this caliber is a time honored build. People who seek the type of builds we're doing had better get used to it. It doesn't matter where you go to have it done. It just takes time. After all you want it done right don't you. Anyways I can't wait to see the finished product. I have no doubts it will be nothing short of stellar. Chris
Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Viper Guy

VG
Wow. 10 whole Posts. Congrats.

Lets set all this straight. The 3 Twin Setups that have and are being built are all one offs. Big Budget, Long time lines builds, for the kinda guys that expect a certain aspect to what they are paying for. These setups cost upwards of $9500+ to start. They are built one at a time. The time lines were explained and fully understood long before any Money exchanged hands. These setups were paid in full up front. That separates the men from the boy's. These are far from cookie cutter setups done for the mass’s with a $4000 price Tag.

Steve, Chris, and Jeremy are the types of customers Shops love to do business with. They understand the cost's involved. They understand the time lines. They understand the amount of work put into what they are getting. Best of all they have the Brass Ball's required to put the Kinda 1000+rwhp street cars together that most on these forums only dream about.

I am just proud to be a part of it all. I will end my Rant now.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Wow. 10 whole Posts. Congrats.

Lets set all this straight. The 3 Twin Setups that have and are being built are all one offs. Big Budget, Long time lines builds, for the kinda guys that expect a certain aspect to what they are paying for. These setups cost upwards of $9500+ to start. They are built one at a time. The time lines were explained and fully understood long before any Money exchanged hands. These setups were paid in full up front. That separates the men from the boy's. These are far from cookie cutter setups done for the mass’s with a $4000 price Tag.

Steve, Chris, and Jeremy are the types of customers Shops love to do business with. They understand the cost's involved. They understand the time lines. They understand the amount of work put into what they are getting. Best of all they have the Brass Ball's required to put the Kinda 1000+rwhp street cars together that most on these forums only dream about.

I am just proud to be a part of it all. I will end my Rant now.
You are the dealer! I got a wiff of your work and then I got drug in!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

amen brotha and thanks. I'll be proud to have a little southern draw under the hood of my car lol.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to grab my best ninja friend, Terry and head over to see your car when it's done Jeremy. You'll have to take it easy on my poor little car.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Jeremy is my roomate and I can't wait to see this kit on his car. I have a single T76 turbo Mach1 that makes about 800rwhp on 20psi and is fun as hell to drive I can't wait to see what this monster does...
Old 12-27-2009, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
Sorry OP, I don't mean hijack,

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
No offense to any of the sponsors on this thread, but I WOULD NOT pay $12-15k for a "custom" twin turbo set up. Hearing that would make me pick up a welder and take a shot at doing it myself

Don't get me wrong, these sponsors have TONS of experience and great knowledge, but I'm almost positive it would not take me 12-15k in plumbing and supplies. I understand this isn't a 5 minute cut and weld, but c'mon. find cheap exhaust pipping or free pipping at a junk yard and get to practicing. Once you've achieved more than the basic principle of how to weld, grab a little bit of stainless and practice on it. Or go to a friend with a welder and learn from him.

Once you've learned to cut and weld, make your own turbo system or twin system, it most certainly would not cost you 12-15k. No offense to goldrust, but I would never pay that kinda money... Maybe for a 427 motor capable of holding 1800hp, but not a turbo kit.
These are rookie coments. From what you are saying you have absolutely no idea of what it takes to build a turbo kit. I have been involved on several builds here in my own shop making hot sides and cold sides are no easy task. Making it fit and making not look like a 2 yr old with rector set are 2 very different things. I have a customer that came to me and wanted a turbo kit. He said he had peices of 2-3 different kits in the back of the car. We could just peice one together. Well, we are building a completely new front mount kit. You are right, it wont cost us 10-12 for a single build but we will have 100 plus hours in building a kit.

It is also not about being able to weld and cut. It also has to do with placement and integrity of the weld. Sure, you could build a turbo kit, but the first time you hit 15lbs and the stainless that you just learned to weld gets so hot and cracks through your pooris uncleaned weld and the hot side blows apart, what are you going to do????? Build another kit or repair your hot side. Now you have the same or more in a kit that could have been done right the first time and you would have had no stress in you life.

Just my 2 cents. I am the one that is installing the KT kit on Jeremy's car. We only do one off kits ourselves, but Jeremy is a friend and we had no way of spending 200 hrs on a twin kit to fit a/c and power steering.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Josh where are my pics!!! J/K. I seen pics of my kit on chris's thread about his kit. They look sick. Can't wait till I start dragging some *** on the hwy.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

I got these loaded before the camera died.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

From what I've seen Josh is into quality not quantity!!! Good news for customers who want top notch kits!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

zomg half the turdo is mizzing!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

looks great!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question..how do you change your plugs on that setup..It looks pretty hard to do.Do you have to take off exhaust manifolds to do the plugs?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Banned

Its a 45min deal. Easy to get to from the bottom.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
I got these loaded before the camera died.

ok now i am growing anxious.. lol cant wait to get mine

Quick Reply: Kentucky Turbo is doing TT my build