Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

402 APS kit with LG's new turbo up and running

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
GREAT NEWS,Anxiously waiting your dyno results.Can you maybe get some different boost range dyno runs like 10,15, 18psi..?
Be nice to see what they are going to do at various boost levels.

Also forget are you running scavenger pump? If not then want to know if you are getting any smoke or not.

Also would like more on if you notice much difference in spool up or maybe if you can log spool up if you run htpuners would be curious to get idea on that.

And of course real test is to see how these things last as time goes by.

So you just put in an additional piece of 3 inch oval? or 3 inch round pipe. Can you be a bit more specific. So you don' t think drivers side is problem now. I just stented like you did, 3 inch ovals in center of the inlets.
For stenting the inlet hose found a waste gate spring to put in there and put a clamp on it just like doing a radiator hose. It worked for my car. Plus we have the 3in oval pipe still in there.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm thought the LG turbos are 70 lb min not 50lb min. So that should be 1400 hp potential rather than 1000 engine hp potential.

Anyway sure at 18psi on these bigger ones you are very close or at 1000rwhp or will be after some tweaking on tune. And man that should be totally nuts on the street with your 402.

I find my 408 is pretty darn nuts even at 7.5 on the stock aps turbos. I have my spray if want to mix a bit of boost and nitrous some advantages to that sometimes. Instant spool up,supercooling. And don't use up injector with the wet kit.
But your 80s are handling it is that at stock 58psi pressure?
80% is good according to rc calculator didn't think 80s can do 1000rwhp more like only 1000 engine.
They have injector calculator on their site.
Anyway we are all waiting on your dyno numbers. Hopefully Barnat and Tom will not be that far behind.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

I meant 60 opening inlet size the compelor. Like I said it all matters in the tune and the tunner. You should see how 18psi feels with my mickeys on the street. Its a blast. As for spool up time it did change a little bit not not hardly it hits 18psi by 3600rpm or so. There is no need for the juice I know you would just blow the tires off hell I do just with the snails of course. We could only get it turned up to 18psi dont know if putting bigger springs in would up it or not we put in 10# springs
Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
9 Second Club

what do you use to control boost Eboost?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
8 Second Club

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Onemean01: Was your original kit the regular, or extreme APS Kit (Bigger turbos)?
I am trying to figure out if the failures have been only on the smaller turbos or on the bigger ones too. Also, I need to look into the available upgrades from LG. I tought they were only for the 20G turbos.
Thanks
Larry
Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

I thought read of one extreme fubared on here already.Hard to say if they are also knockoffs. I woudln't be buying a new kit if there were any left if you could find a used kit for decent price that would be the way to go.
Then you can put in LG turbos or other options for turbos.
Most people LG included are saying the APS kit is nice, aside from the inlet tube and sway bar issues which are fixable cheap and minor. Just the turbos are wildcards.
A few guys like Hugger have lots of miles.I have 5000 miles so far turbos still working.
Some got nearly zero miles and they crapped out.
And one mean had original turbos.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM
8 Second Club

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

I am pretty happy with my kit (APS Extreme Kit). But wondering about the future upgrade path. (In case a turbo blows, or I max these out)
The quality is top notch for most of the components, but seems that the turbos are an issue.
My main concern is figuring out if it its worth doing the LG upgrade if I have the bigger turbos already? What would my gains be? (It becomes a moot point if the current turbos fail.)
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I had one of the first 50 kits and only got about 1500 miles out of them when we turned it up to 14psi I only got about 15 miles out of it when they crapped out, Go figure. But oh well just got the new bigger turbos from LG and still a good kit for the money I think. But only time will tell.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tomz28
what do you use to control boost Eboost?
I am using the Greedy, spec II controller. works just fine on my car.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
9 Second Club

im just thinking about how you have it hook up because with a eboost Louis said i can run a 5lb spring as high as 20psi. he had me hook it up so that the top of the WG gets boost pressure all the time to hold it shut and then the EB2 adds pressure to the back side opening it up when needed

i have a 5lb spring right now that i run to 12psi all the time. in my data log boost comes in fast and flat all the way.

but im not running a 402 at 18psi LOL so i cant be 100% if it would work with your set up but its just a idea for you if you didnt know about it already bro

so when are we getting some new numbers man? my pos MIGHT run this weekend pray for me im going to need all the help i can get at this piont
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmm interesting there Tom..
Hoping you get yours running soon and 1 Mean gets his numbers. And as for praying think we might be better off praying to the other car since these cars are wicked, evil and just plain Satanic..especially at the power levels you two guys should soon be at and hopefully I will be at next spring.
If person can run a 5psi spring and still get 20psi that would really help with ramping in the boost.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

My car is going down in a few days now, have to take out the t56 and clutch buddy that bought it is anxious to get it . Still be think about two weeks till auto is in at the earliest and that leaves only a few more weeks to drive it as end october is about it for reasonable weather around here and you risk freezing rain or snow. No fun with big hp cars with no traction control systems running on worn down nittos.

At least putting it away with about 5000 miles it looks like on the aps original turbos and with them still working. Almost a new record! LOL Well Hugger somehow has managed to put 20k plus on his.. maybe cause keeping boost at stock 7.5 even though its been killing me to do so.

I am living thru you guys now. I am sure you will get great results and will also get the same turbos unless something really cool like gt35 option comes around before spring.
I still like my garretts.

So Tom guess I am lucky that with my 408 and callies it didn't have same problem on my t56 you had on your car.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 AM
9 Second Club

someone must have done something to that crank but this is not my tread to talk about it LOL
Old 09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Well numbers will come in less than a week hopefully in the next few days. Car still runs like a champ and no problems with anything now have 200 miles on it. Hope the best for your car Tom you will get things worked out soon and will enjoy it im sure.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Can you get a few different psi numbers..say 10,15, 20. Also how high are you going to be taking the motor too for redline?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Can you get a few different psi numbers..say 10,15, 20. Also how high are you going to be taking the motor too for redline?
Yeah i will probably only do one at 10psi and 18psi and see what I come up with. Not so sure how far we will take it probably 6500rpm like last time. I want to dyno it really soon everything is ready on the car just waiting for Boost to say when to bring it in maybe tonight.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
9 Second Club

are you doing 18psi on pump or race gas
do you have meth as well?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok a few psi points will be nice to see what is gained from the different levels of boost.
It would be pretty interesting to see what power it puts out at 14psi exact same as last time but you might have changed other variables since them maybe timing,afr,etc.

The main thing is you go these new bad boys on your car and running and will soon be getting us some numbers. And Tom will hopefully be not far behind and Barnat..what the hell are you doing Barnat! LOL

I am starting to think should just put some of these on credit card so they are waiting for me in spring. But guess will be a bit more patient.

Hyper to see results.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

soon my friend soon and ED needs to get the move on ! i think work is killing his time right now. but the oil can he made for his turbos i want one bad i think that is a great idea

when i do get this thing going anything over 14psi will be race gas
or im adding one more 12.2gph meth nozzle whitch brings me up to 24.4gph of meth and a 250psi pump LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tomz28
are you doing 18psi on pump or race gas
do you have meth as well?
It will be a 50/50 mix which is what I am running on the street right now at 18psi. We will probably put in straight race gas in the end and really see what we can get out of it. I am crossing my fingers for the 1000hp mark.
I do not have meth on the car the tune is not to extreme right now its on the safer side of things hoping I can get it to last a while. Got a friend that has been running 21psi in a stock 03 cobra for over 3 years now on just race gas and his is still going strong from BOOST PERFORMANCE.

Going to go get it dynoed tomorrow afternoon as long as the weather holds up I only live 2 miles from the shop so all should be good and should have you guys some numbers tomorrow late afternoon.

Quick Reply: 402 APS kit with LG's new turbo up and running