Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Or ebay knock off Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am building an APS TT car, Know a guy with an STS car, and the STS is MUCH easier to install, not to mention it can be taken off and put back to N/A if you ever wish to do so fairly easily.

'sled, man you need spell check! and fact check. it's funny APS torque curve drops very similarly. yet HP keeps going on both charts.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tt.htm

Before you say something like " keeping the heat in" they are heat shielded manifolds with the turbos bolted to the manifold. and I'll take the bet on that 500 HP car beating the 800 HP one.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
is there anyone with the ebay kit that can chime in with some info on it? I heard (now I don't know for sure) that upgrading the turbo for that kit is limited.
LOL yea, the guy you wrote the response to has it... (98Camarod)..

As far as I know the ebay kits have inherent limits on Turbo, maybe mostly due to space constraints?, but also can run pretty well if set up right. Maybe 98 can shed some light on it...
Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Y2K WS6
I am building an APS TT car, Know a guy with an STS car, and the STS is MUCH easier to install, not to mention it can be taken off and put back to N/A if you ever wish to do so fairly easily.

'sled, man you need spell check! and fact check. it's funny APS torque curve drops very similarly. yet HP keeps going on both charts.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tt.htm

Before you say something like " keeping the heat in" they are heat shielded manifolds with the turbos bolted to the manifold. and I'll take the bet on that 500 HP car beating the 800 HP one.

aps makes a great kit but there has been a lot of bad news with there turbos read the "calling out aps " thread on here be fore u make your decision
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah u can take the bet that 500hp car will loose but ill take a bet ur aps system goes. yeah 98 did a write up. i will never go rear mount
Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zeke34
I don't have any experience with either one of these kits but from what I've seen here on LS1Tech both kits make good power. What it basically comes down is choosing what cons you're willing to deal with.
Well said.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the ebay kit, depending on which person you buy it from it comes with different things. I bought mine and it came with the IC and a POS turbo. I put a gt70 on there and spools just fine. I'm going to take it to the dyno after I get my th400 in and see what kind of numbers it's making, 550ish is my guess
Old 10-24-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by devilssled
try looking at the dyno sheets from sts no power after 4200 rpm's look how a turbo works it spuls from heat and exhaust gas by the time the exhaust reaches the turbo there is not enough heat to spool the turbo effeclently they have the right idea but intell they figure out how to keep the heat there turbo kit is a waste of space i have recherced it alot i live a block away from sts i go there and talk to the techs plenty of time i take a 500whp car agenst a 800 hpm sts car the 500 hp car will win cause the sts runs out of juise every 4000 rpm look at the dyno sheets u will see sorry about the spelling lol
Shiiiit!!! Ill take that challenge lol put me next to a 500 hp car and i will show it my tail lights lol. Your logic is flawed I can careless on hear say , every sts car is not fast there are that is. I have put the hurt on alot of people ask the fugitive. Im not saying my car is the hottes thing on two wheels but I have taken down some big boys with the butt mount.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

To the op. The things I would change on a rearmount is filter location, and charge pipe to under the axle. I would carry a spare check valve and a return pump( thats just me) you dont have to. Tap the oil pan for a return line and wrap all the hot parts. Use stock manafolds and be done with it. 2.50 pipe is large enough to feed the turbo hell I push 813hp through it. 3inch intercooler pipe is a must and a huge down pipe off the turbo a turn down is good, as long as its 4 inches in leanth. Now I dont know your goals or current motor set up, Im nopt gonna promise you 900 hp but I will say with a 370 and good heads and intake and a 76 gts, 14- 15 psi you will see 600+ through a auto or six speed.