Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Radix Magnacharger + Heads + cam ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Radix Magnacharger + Heads + cam ?

Ill be getting a radix magnacharger in the next few days, I was going to go N/A but found this instead.

Ive got heads (stock ported ls1 heads) and a cam (MTI X1) sitting in my garage. should i just sell this stuff and only install the supercharger, should I sell the cam and go with a blower cam?

How much power could I expect to make with say a 2.9 pulley, those heads, and a cam?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 186 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by firechicken76
Ill be getting a radix magnacharger in the next few days, I was going to go N/A but found this instead.

Ive got heads (stock ported ls1 heads) and a cam (MTI X1) sitting in my garage. should i just sell this stuff and only install the supercharger, should I sell the cam and go with a blower cam?

How much power could I expect to make with say a 2.9 pulley, those heads, and a cam?
I wouldn't spend money porting heads on a 112 blown LS. I'm assuming 5.7 to 6.0L engine size. However, if you have them, I'd sure use them. Probably not a whole lot of extra power, but boost should go down with better heads. Less boost with the same size drive pulley is all good. Less boost equals less heat and could allow more timing.

I don't have a clue what an MTI X1 cam is, but with a 112, I'd opt for a pretty conservative grind. I like the LS6 cam in my rig. I had a bigger cam previous to the LS6. It "might" have made a little more power on the top end, but I doubt it. If you had a bigger blower on top, more cam could equal more power. In your situation, I don't think that's the case.

My maggie experience is with front drives. 2.9" on a front drive should get you around 500 at the wheels (manual tranny) if you have a good intake and exhaust. Should get you close to that tq wise at around 2500 rpm.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

holy cow 500 rwhp? ok, sound like selling the heads would be the way to go, thats more money I can spend on other things like a gauge pod. the cam i might sell and trade for something with a 118lsa or more. I heard the lingenfelter G7? is a good FI cam. but I could go with a ls6, Ive got a 3.0 pulley for it, im full bolt ons too.

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I wouldn't spend money porting heads on a 112 blown LS. I'm assuming 5.7 to 6.0L engine size. However, if you have them, I'd sure use them. Probably not a whole lot of extra power, but boost should go down with better heads. Less boost with the same size drive pulley is all good. Less boost equals less heat and could allow more timing.

I don't have a clue what an MTI X1 cam is, but with a 112, I'd opt for a pretty conservative grind. I like the LS6 cam in my rig. I had a bigger cam previous to the LS6. It "might" have made a little more power on the top end, but I doubt it. If you had a bigger blower on top, more cam could equal more power. In your situation, I don't think that's the case.

My maggie experience is with front drives. 2.9" on a front drive should get you around 500 at the wheels (manual tranny) if you have a good intake and exhaust. Should get you close to that tq wise at around 2500 rpm.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

quick Question:

should I get rid of my UD pulley when I do the supercharger?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 186 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by firechicken76
quick Question:

should I get rid of my UD pulley when I do the supercharger?
Yes, you should change back to stock. That will make getting the blower up to the speed (read that POWER) you want easier. With the stock crank pulley, you can use a bigger blower pulley. Result will be less potential belt slip.

Quick Reply: Radix Magnacharger + Heads + cam ?