Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth injection??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aster
Duh, I shouldn't post when doing too many things at once.
It made sense..2 systems using the same fluid,why not have a common tank?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 for alkycontrol

and

+1 for pure meth
Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im using AIS kit and pure meth.
Friday ambient was 68
My IAT started on the line at 82 degrees and ended at 77. That, to me, makes an a/w setup too much hassle since I am just a test and tuner. With a better i/c and air being picked up from some place besides behind my radiator, I think the temps would go lower.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
someone posted in a similar thread that they saw meth/water injection put out spark on dyno pulls and they recommended 100% meth. Sorry I can't link to it, but it was someone from a shop that does dyno tuning. Snow, can you shed some light on this?
Absolutely.

You can certanly run pure meth, or pure water, but 50/50 is safe, and it yeilds detonation protection equivalent to C16 race gas. Most people will not need more than that.

The spark blow out that the person mentioned is likely due to over-injection. And it is true that you can inject more volume with pure meth and that will spark blow-out not happen as easaly. Just be aware of the factors I listed above. What we recomend is a more correct injection volume with 50/50, which will eliminate that spark blow-out safely. The fact that they got spark blow-out was a warning that they were over-injecting a bit.

Not trying to scare people from a certain philosophy. There is certanly a lot to be said for high meth mixes. Just be aware of the fact that water does have a higher specific heat and 50/50 is very safe and efective.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SnowTech.4
Absolutely.

You can certanly run pure meth, or pure water, but 50/50 is safe, and it yeilds detonation protection equivalent to C16 race gas. Most people will not need more than that.

The spark blow out that the person mentioned is likely due to over-injection. And it is true that you can inject more volume with pure meth and that will spark blow-out not happen as easaly. Just be aware of the factors I listed above. What we recomend is a more correct injection volume with 50/50, which will eliminate that spark blow-out safely. The fact that they got spark blow-out was a warning that they were over-injecting a bit.

Not trying to scare people from a certain philosophy. There is certanly a lot to be said for high meth mixes. Just be aware of the fact that water does have a higher specific heat and 50/50 is very safe and efective.

would i see any benefits of meth injection on my 8.6:1 motor running around 20 psi ? i know i can run 20 psi safely on 94 octane but will meth cool the air charge further and give me more power ?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are all of the quality brands? I have read in this thread about Snow, Alky Control, AIS, some Jegs kit, are there others that on the same quality?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by elias_799
would i see any benefits of meth injection on my 8.6:1 motor running around 20 psi ? i know i can run 20 psi safely on 94 octane but will meth cool the air charge further and give me more power ?
In a situation like that you have to look at what your tune is like on 94, and what sort of IATs you are seeing.

For instance, if your IATs are really high, you may get a power gain without a retune just from the cooling effect. I had one customer with a 2V Mustang and a KB blower that picked up 24WHP on a 400WHP car (Mustang Dyno) just from the cooling. This is because that blower in AZ heat was making seriously high IATs.

But usually the big power comes from the tune. With the octane and cooling provided, a bit more boost and a bit more timing will likely make a big difference in power.

What sort of timing, AFR, and power are we looking at here?

Quick Reply: Meth injection??