Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech vs Procharger, Camshafts, and other FI questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go procharger all the way. I would go with a D1SC, then if you want more power down the road you can make it. And if i was going to swap cams I would do the EPP blower cam. Just my 0.02's
Old 12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree with the procharger!! D1 all the way!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
Thanks for all the comments. Will I be safe going with a P1SC kit, since my goals are relatively conservative? And I'd like to get more thoughts on the cam...I figured since I'd already be in there, it would be a good time to do it. Plus it will raise my rpm range a little and give me some more room to grow in future if I want. Thoughts?
Go with a specific blower cam from one of the sponsors. The ZO6 cam or anything of that size is a waste of time and money. Been there and done it twice.

The cam I have now is awesome. The EPP blower cam is a little bigger and you don't hear any complaints, just

Last edited by WHPLASH; 12-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
A Vortech V9-Gtrim kit, brand new in the box with everything but a tune, just sold on Ebay for $2600. Now that is damned tempting, and the seller apparently has multiple kits for sale because he listed another today.
I bought my used Procharger D-1SC for $2800. They're out there. You just have to be patient and keep looking.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
I bought my used Procharger D-1SC for $2800. They're out there. You just have to be patient and keep looking.
Exactly what I'm doing. Just waiting on the right deal at the right price.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

I'm building a d1 setup now and i bought a d1 with the twin 4.5 and polished intake for 2k sold the twins to go front mount. so keep looking seen a kit on here i think 2 weeks ago sell for 3k. i would deff go procharger dont like the turbo setup a guys car i worked on had a turbo and it was leaking oil into the intake system and i told him about it but like most people he did nothing about it and two weeks later and he called me to look at his car saying it wont start. i looked at it and no oil in engine he took out a rod.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Q-
OK guys, the seller from the auction just offered me a kit for $2600 buy-it-now. This seems like a really good freaking deal, but I just had shoulder surgery yesterday and I'm on some strong meds, so I may be missing something, LOL. Can you guys take a look at this link and give me some thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That actually doesnt look like a bad deal, considering you get the head unit, new injectors, and a fuel pump. If you want to keep costs low start with that and then upgrade as you get the money to do so. Without the aftercooler you will be running high IAT's so dont try to max out the power with it just keep it conservative and enjoy the extra ~100hp you will get.

TWS......Sell me your spectacle airlid!!! I am going to attempt to make a custom aluminum one myself since they wanted $400 for a new one and no one took interest. UGH.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransAmatt99
TWS......Sell me your spectacle airlid!!! I am going to attempt to make a custom aluminum one myself since they wanted $400 for a new one and no one took interest. UGH.
Get in line!

Yeah, the Spectacle boys are trying to generate some interest so they can produce another batch of them. Unfortunately I do not think a sufficient number of customers stepped up to bring the price down.

It is a badass mod. I did four pulls with my stock lid and averaged 444 RWHP. Did four pulls with theirs and hit 463 RWHP. Admittedly that was the best pull of four, but the average was probably around 459-460 IIRC. AND, my stock lid was already "improved" by taking out the ridges on the inside top and sanding it smooth.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Alright guys, ended up deciding to go with the D1SC. Got a deal pending on a used kit from a forum member here. Really excited about getting my build going!

Still need to pick up a few various pieces for the kit, like injectors, fuel pump, etc. Anyone got recommendations for injectors? Should I go with an in-tank fuel pump, or can I use an in-line?

Thanks for your help guys. You'll be seeing a lot more of me in the Forced Induction forums now!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

I have a Procharger inline pump if you need it.... PM me a offer. I used it for literally a few hours... I was making too much power for just the inline so I removed it went intank and new fuel system.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:23 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

How much power is an inline pump good for? I don't intend on making more than 475-500hp to start with... I might be interested if you think the inline would work OK for my setup.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 AM
10 Second Club

Go with 60lb injectors and a in-tank pump (Walbro w/ a hot wire kit). Don't forget a boost and fuel pressure gauge too. They're nice to have.

Quick Reply: Vortech vs Procharger, Camshafts, and other FI questions