Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

402/408 - F2 ProCharger too big?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good looking Buick! Check out the link here for the cog kit for transplant vehicles. http://www.procharger.com/pdf/COG_LSx.pdf Give me a call for pricing. Thanks, Bob
Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
That is a good looking Buick! Check out the link here for the cog kit for transplant vehicles. http://www.procharger.com/pdf/COG_LSx.pdf Give me a call for pricing. Thanks, Bob
could you make one of those fit in a f-body? What would you have to do? I would like to look into this vs the $3300 direct drive setup if one could make it fit.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by haighter
could you make one of those fit in a f-body? What would you have to do? I would like to look into this vs the $3300 direct drive setup if one could make it fit.
The guy's at ProCharger brought in quite a few various chassis to mock up before they came out with the transplant kit. 60's Chevelles, Camaros, you name it. Basically it will fit most older vehicles that are using an LS engine, but it won't work with a 4th gen f Body, as the engine sits back far enough the blower would be going right into the wheelwell. I'm don't know for sure if it would fit if you cut out the wheelwell, it might interfere with the a arm. Bob
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Launching!

The guy's at ProCharger brought in quite a few various chassis to mock up before they came out with the transplant kit. 60's Chevelles, Camaros, you name it. Basically it will fit most older vehicles that are using an LS engine, but it won't work with a 4th gen f Body, as the engine sits back far enough the blower would be going right into the wheelwell. I'm don't know for sure if it would fit if you cut out the wheelwell, it might interfere with the a arm. Bob
Do you guys cary crank drives? If so how much shipped? Have you installed any on a f-body yet? I would really like to know more about them. Seems like the only way to go. I have been looking at all the other options and cant really find anything else that will last and work without problems.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by haighter
Do you guys cary crank drives? If so how much shipped? Have you installed any on a f-body yet? I would really like to know more about them. Seems like the only way to go. I have been looking at all the other options and cant really find anything else that will last and work without problems.
No we don't, and I don't see one easily fitting on an F Body without some serious modifications. Our cog drive kit has been working really well on my Camaro. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1749 Bob
Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Bob!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

This is the F1R in my 99 T/A but it see's no street time, full throttle all the time. No track times yet, still working out the kinks but it made 26 lbs of boost last weekend.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
This is the F1R in my 99 T/A but it see's no street time, full throttle all the time. No track times yet, still working out the kinks but it made 26 lbs of boost last weekend.

That is a nice looking set-up. 26 lbs of boost is awesome! Bob
Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod

Thats an awesome looking setup man
What do I need to make it street setup???
Old 12-24-2009, 06:27 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did my best to roughly measure it out in my 95 V6 car based off of the measurements on Procharger's site. From the looks of how everything measured out it looked like it would put the blower right into the upper shock mount. If it was spaced forward probably about 3 inches it would clear with some trimming, but as is I don't think it'll work.

I am bringing my Formula home today so I could remeasure, but I think the results will be the same.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I did my best to roughly measure it out in my 95 V6 car based off of the measurements on Procharger's site. From the looks of how everything measured out it looked like it would put the blower right into the upper shock mount. If it was spaced forward probably about 3 inches it would clear with some trimming, but as is I don't think it'll work.

I am bringing my Formula home today so I could remeasure, but I think the results will be the same.
That makes sense. I like Elite_Hot_Rod's set-up. Bob
Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I agree I like that setup a lot too. It is very much race oriented though. I simply liked the procharger setup because it is priced very well, complete, and very nice looking. It retains all accessories and in the right circumstances is simply bolt on. Obviously not in a fourth gen though.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default F-2 update

I know this is an old thread but all the above about the f1-c and f-2 prochager is just not true. I had the f1-c running 24psi on a 1999 C5 with no problem the thing was a monster. Now i upgraded to the f-2 at 34ish psi boost on a 8rib set the same bracket and belt i used on the f1-c and have zero belt issues up to 6700rpm. I don't know the exact boost level because my gauge stops at 30 but the needle goes about a 1/4" past 30psi i the gauge, so i set my rev limiter to 5.6ish rpm's to keep the boost around 26ish. I have a four bolt block with cosmetics HG that i'm going to be changing this winter because my heads started to leak past 27ish psi. Replacing with LS -9 HG. Everybody told me you need a 10 rib set or cog with the f1-c well i didn't have the cash so i figured what the hell if breaks or i have belt issues it would make me get a better bracket system. Well and behold it proved itself easy with the f1-c. After many thousand hard miles on the set up the bearings on the charger needed a freashing so off to pro charger it went. Then i get a call from Procharger the cost of freashing up the f1-c was the same as upgrading to the f-2 so that's how i got the f-2 never intended to go with an f-2 but what did i hAVE to lose and now many thousand of miles with the f-2 on 8 rib set up it all worked out so if anybody thinking of going with bigger head unit do it because that bullshit that the f-2 will be under the curve. Thjere is no under the curve with this monster and loving every minute of it all areas off the curve goes up tremondesly. I can creep around as low as 600rpms with no problems. I don't know where this people get their info but it doesn't take no more HP to move the bigger head units in my experience and i have a 6.0L 9.5.1 comp. and of course running duel 15 nozzles of meth.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by helga203
I know this is an old thread but all the above about the f1-c and f-2 prochager is just not true. I had the f1-c running 24psi on a 1999 C5 with no problem the thing was a monster. Now i upgraded to the f-2 at 34ish psi boost on a 8rib set the same bracket and belt i used on the f1-c and have zero belt issues up to 6700rpm. I don't know the exact boost level because my gauge stops at 30 but the needle goes about a 1/4" past 30psi i the gauge, so i set my rev limiter to 5.6ish rpm's to keep the boost around 26ish. I have a four bolt block with cosmetics HG that i'm going to be changing this winter because my heads started to leak past 27ish psi. Replacing with LS -9 HG. Everybody told me you need a 10 rib set or cog with the f1-c well i didn't have the cash so i figured what the hell if breaks or i have belt issues it would make me get a better bracket system. Well and behold it proved itself easy with the f1-c. After many thousand hard miles on the set up the bearings on the charger needed a freashing so off to pro charger it went. Then i get a call from Procharger the cost of freashing up the f1-c was the same as upgrading to the f-2 so that's how i got the f-2 never intended to go with an f-2 but what did i hAVE to lose and now many thousand of miles with the f-2 on 8 rib set up it all worked out so if anybody thinking of going with bigger head unit do it because that bullshit that the f-2 will be under the curve. Thjere is no under the curve with this monster and loving every minute of it all areas off the curve goes up tremondesly. I can creep around as low as 600rpms with no problems. I don't know where this people get their info but it doesn't take no more HP to move the bigger head units in my experience and i have a 6.0L 9.5.1 comp. and of course running duel 15 nozzles of meth.
Helga203 do you have any dyno graphs to compare the F1C versus the F2?

I find next to impossible that a 8 rib belt is moving that F2 wheel.

If your making 34 psi of boost, on a well built 402-408 that would an easy 1200 + rwhp.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Helga203 do you have any dyno graphs to compare the F1C versus the F2?

I find next to impossible that a 8 rib belt is moving that F2 wheel.

If your making 34 psi of boost, on a well built 402-408 that would an easy 1200 + rwhp.
I'll put my rev limiter back to 6.7k and have a vid of it. I did modified the bracket a touch nothing extreme but when i stab it in second around 2.5 3k i instantly see 22 24 before i can get my foot out of it. I no it's hard to believe. I didn't think it was possible from everything i read but i wanted the power and couldn't effort the 4 to 5k bracket upgrade so i had nothing to loose trying it and i'm having great success just ask my neighbor who wont get in my car to get groceries.. from the f1-c to f-2 all i can tell you is that the f1-c was crzy but the f-2 is just plan stupid crazy hp and that's what i was looking for so now i don't have to rev the **** out of it to scare people. Until you try it yourself i don't think anybody well know what the limits of some of these setups are capable of doing. That's all i'm saying no disrespect to no one out there just giving a proven working system that everyone seem to think it's impossible but i'm doing it so believe it or not. All i know is i have one of the sickest car around. 800whp vipers is a joke a every time i beat one they tell to pull to the side to talk to me on what me set is. I just tell them it's stock and move on. I don't know how fast the new grand sport is but i just raced one out on the highway and i wasn't even close it was a joke. Well like i said just wanted to tell my experience in the real world i drive my car every day and ypou know what's weird is i'm getting better gas milage with the f-2 then the f1-c. Don't know
Old 11-10-2012, 12:12 PM
8 Second Club

I'll put my rev limiter back to 6.7k and have a vid of it. I did modified the bracket a touch nothing extreme but when i stab it in second around 2.5 3k i instantly see 22 24 before i can get my foot out of it. I no it's hard to believe. I didn't think it was possible from everything i read but i wanted the power and couldn't effort the 4 to 5k bracket upgrade so i had nothing to loose trying it and i'm having great success just ask my neighbor who wont get in my car to get groceries.. from the f1-c to f-2 all i can tell you is that the f1-c was crzy but the f-2 is just plan stupid crazy hp and that's what i was looking for so now i don't have to rev the **** out of it to scare people. Until you try it yourself i don't think anybody well know what the limits of some of these setups are capable of doing. That's all i'm saying no disrespect to no one out there just giving a proven working system that everyone seem to think it's impossible but i'm doing it so believe it or not. All i know is i have one of the sickest car around. 800whp vipers is a joke a every time i beat one they tell to pull to the side to talk to me on what me set is. I just tell them it's stock and move on. I don't know how fast the new grand sport is but i just raced one out on the highway and i wasn't even close it was a joke. Well like i said just wanted to tell my experience in the real world i drive my car every day and ypou know what's weird is i'm getting better gas milage with the f-2 then the f1-c. Don't know
Helga-what's your fuel system setup?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Helga-what's your fuel system setup?
I bought the first 1000whp a&a fuel kit and just added another inline pump so two external bosch 340's and stock internal, with duel 15's nozzle 100% meth and controller pinned at 8 on the dial (julio's kit Alkycontrol). Once the weather clears up here in chicago i'll get a vid of onboard wot pulls and have the camera on the boost gauge.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
8 Second Club

I bought the first 1000whp a&a fuel kit and just added another inline pump so two external bosch 340's and stock internal, with duel 15's nozzle 100% meth and controller pinned at 8 on the dial (julio's kit Alkycontrol). Once the weather clears up here in chicago i'll get a vid of onboard wot pulls and have the camera on the boost gauge.
What size injector? Just make a pull on the dyno-1200rwhp in this weather is not safe.

Quick Reply: 402/408 - F2 ProCharger too big?