Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS style pump only 500-hrs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The C6 Vette kit has two pumps!

Originally Posted by mike13
rosulekg STS is using two pumps? Can you give some details?
The guy who originally put my system in told me about it and he did another C5 with two, but, at the time he just said they would work quieter, period! To me it was way to much trouble if that was all it was to do. Actually, to me it's kind of reassuring to hear the pump.

One pump per turbo, not germane to you single turbo guys, adding alot of weight and stuff.

Last edited by rosulekg; 12-26-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again my current setup is now working and safe so I am writing this down to remind myself and for your information.

My new application Plan:
On the left side frame area and one of STS's mounting positions for my 02Z06vette I've measured and could try first removing the Mocal pumps isolators to clear my cars frame lower lip. I think the power steering line hanging down would fit because of the offset of the gear housing and the pump fins. The pump fins should clear the sway bar and power steering cooling lines up on the right for 4" of clearance total. I can make simple brackets to mount the isolators to out of something like 1" alum. flat stock leaving space assembled for the boss on the cars frame which will act as lateral support. I can use some cheap synthetic rubber home lower trim to isolate the frame, sway bar, and power steering lines from the pump (for more clearance I could remove the pumps heat sink).
So I would assemble it above the frames lower lip reducing the pumps isolator sizes and slide it around the cars boss and frame. I think I could probably just tie strap the brackets around the cars frame since it wouldn't be able to fall out no matter what, and the weight would be on the bottom of the new isolators bracket and the cars frame lip v.
The plumbing input and pressure switch now being on the other side should and would have to flip since the new pumps input is opposite and seemingly not reversible and it looks like a simple flip only. Again the output would get the same plumbing which would simply need a longer piece of hose at the spice at the cars motor input.

The new pump draws less power so I would take out the 15a STS fuse and replace it with a 10a.

Anyway, if this worked at this location the new setup would be directly behind the cars left fan which is lower then my cars right fan, a perfect scenario! Only the top of the current setups pump is getting blasted by the fan.

Last edited by rosulekg; 12-22-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: STS style pump only 500-hrs?