Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Here are my new turbos for my APS kit-403 aps rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
I replaces all my oil lines with SS line and AN fittings.
What size lines and fittings did u use? Where did u get the drain adapter off the turbo w/an style fitting instead of the hose adapter?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see those drain fittings on slowboyracing.com site. and you can get the other fittings for pan from jegs,summit.

I am unsure if going to use scavenger pump after do upgrade turbos or not guess see how things go. Obviously simpler and more reliable to not run a scavenger pump but if have to did buy turbowerx one to use.

I will for sure be doing mine all an and stainless. For sure would replace the aps rubber drains with stainless with pushlock or whatever end fittings but an is the best fitting type to use.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would NOT hesitate one second to spend the extra $300 to have the support that Louis offers!
Same here! Louise hooked me up with the needed fittings for the turbo swap,,,oil bungs and what have you
Old 12-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I see those drain fittings on slowboyracing.com site. and you can get the other fittings for pan from jegs,summit.

I am unsure if going to use scavenger pump after do upgrade turbos or not guess see how things go. Obviously simpler and more reliable to not run a scavenger pump but if have to did buy turbowerx one to use.

I will for sure be doing mine all an and stainless. For sure would replace the aps rubber drains with stainless with pushlock or whatever end fittings but an is the best fitting type to use.
Found some billet aluminum fittings at extreme psi.com -10 an to the turbo drain, and found the ones for the oil pan at summit. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLOWWZ28
Found some billet aluminum fittings at extreme psi.com -10 an to the turbo drain, and found the ones for the oil pan at summit. Thanks!
Just for some added informational info LOL Before you go buying and hooking up the stainless drain lines on these turbos,,,,with the car level and both drain lines off of the oil pan ,,,,Feel the oil level to the full mark on your oil dip stick and make sure oil doesn't come poaring out of either of the pan fittings LOL You dont want to ruin your new turbos my man LOL My passanger side poared out about a 1/2 qaurt or so before it stopped and is why i just opted to install the scavanging pump because theres definataly not enough drop on these turbo lines as it is with the stock APS molded rubber hoses and where APS said to mount them in the oil pan? Putting AN fitting on these turbo oil flanges is only going to drop it even more. Remember that the APS hoses push up and over the flange and bends or is molded right after that before it heads over to the oil pan.
The only way i found possible when doing my LG turbo upgrade and still using the stock gravity drain system was to try and find a push on type oil return flange like what are on the stock APS turbos but with a 90 deg tube on it ,verses the straight one I SEARCHED BUT COULDNT FIND SUCH A BEAST lol You can have one made or welded up on a bare flange,,,, because theres just no way you can adapt a AN fitting on an AN oil flange without looseing a 1/2''or 3/4 '' of drop which is just really going to make things worse for the decline needed to properly drain your turbos . Trust me on this !LOL I layed under my ride for 2 days looking at this **** before i just said **** it and installed a scavanging pump The $2800 i paid for my Lg's was just a tad top much to gamble with LOL

Last edited by barnat; 12-26-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SLOWWZ28
What size lines and fittings did u use? Where did u get the drain adapter off the turbo w/an style fitting instead of the hose adapter?
Im running -10 off of each turbo and a -10 up to the valve cover with the check valve inline.

For the oil drains off the turbos, I had the local hydraulic shop weld AN fittings on each end. Turned out great, IMO.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im running -10 off of each turbo and a -10 up to the valve cover with the check valve inline.

For the oil drains off the turbos, I had the local hydraulic shop weld AN fittings on each end. Turned out great, IMO.
Thats what i was talking about! LOL They did a nice job on those and is the only way ide run a gravity drain on my APS. (NICE WORK) !and your not droping it down any either with AN fittings !
Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by barnat
Just for some added informational info LOL Before you go buying and hooking up the stainless drain lines on these turbos,,,,with the car level and both drain lines off of the oil pan ,,,,Feel the oil level to the full mark on your oil dip stick and make sure oil doesn't come poaring out of either of the pan fittings LOL You dont want to ruin your new turbos my man LOL My passanger side poared out about a 1/2 qaurt or so before it stopped and is why i just opted to install the scavanging pump because theres definataly not enough drop on these turbo lines as it is with the stock APS molded rubber hoses and where APS said to mount them in the oil pan? Putting AN fitting on these turbo oil flanges is only going to drop it even more. Remember that the APS hoses push up and over the flange and bends or is molded right after that before it heads over to the oil pan.
The only way i found possible when doing my LG turbo upgrade and still using the stock gravity drain system was to try and find a push on type oil return flange like what are on the stock APS turbos but with a 90 deg tube on it ,verses the straight one I SEARCHED BUT COULDNT FIND SUCH A BEAST lol You can have one made or welded up on a bare flange,,,, because theres just no way you can adapt a AN fitting on an AN oil flange without looseing a 1/2''or 3/4 '' of drop which is just really going to make things worse for the decline needed to properly drain your turbos . Trust me on this !LOL I layed under my ride for 2 days looking at this **** before i just said **** it and installed a scavanging pump The $2800 i paid for my Lg's was just a tad top much to gamble with LOL
Didn't think about how much the an fitting would drop the line down and I don't have the car in the air right now! Guess I should get it in the air and look at it before I start buying parts! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

That did turn out good thanks for the pics! Need to get the car in the air and start planning! I have'nt had the car in the air since I installed the kit so I don't have the layout fresh in my brain! I appreciate all the help and good info, Can't wait to get all the aps bugs worked out and get back to tunning/learning part! Thanks again!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

PS, Dont even try to install those oil fittings from yourt APS turbo into your new ones either, the LG bungs are ALOT bigger and the threads are slightly diffrent. Would hate to see ya funk the threads on your new turbos I almost did it as they started nice then got tight on me LOL Thank god i called Louise at LG motorstorts before i started tightening down on those babys LOL

Quick Reply: Here are my new turbos for my APS kit-403 aps rebuild