Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I cant catch a break...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man!

Try this...

Put your lips tightly around the bolt hole and suck REAL hard. Then using your tongue at the same time until you feel it on your tongue and work it out. Repeat over and over until you get all of it.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, it's January! Relax! We can't even drive these things for another 3 months at least, LOL!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Q-
Dude, it's January! Relax! We can't even drive these things for another 3 months at least, LOL!
LOL Im just like Extreme about **** like this LOL Maybe its my OCD LOL but i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if something like this were to happen to me LOL Ide get up 3am and would be pulling out the shop vac LOL LOL LOL ! till i got that bitch out
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Grind two side of the old head bolt and use it like a tap. While your at it, do all of the head bolt holes with it. Works great!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Extreme,,,If you do decide to try and use a shop vac method or something like that and find a 1/4 or bigger hollow (metal or plastic) tube to use or maybe even a 1/4 copper water line? I would connect a rubber type vac/fuel line first to the end of the shop vac hose with duct tape because you may need to remove this metal or plastic tube ever time you pull it out from the head hole to clean it out ,,,verses removeing and retapeing the rubber line every time you pull it out. This wet paper is going to get pulled into the tube and clogged everytime you pull it out ,,,,unless your lucky enough to get it all in the first grab (Just find a rubber line thats going to pull off of your tube easy
Anytime something like this happen to me i always think,,, (What the **** would Mcgiever do) LOL
I also think this would be a way better method of cleaning the head bolt hole of coolant then the paper towel method LOL(Just IMO now guys)and use some either(starting fluid )afterwards to get the coolant residue out too.
Can you guys tell im bored as **** right now? LOL

Last edited by barnat; 01-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike13
I do dumb stuff all the time, take carb cleaner, use the plastic straw and get it all the way under the paper towel and down to the bottom of the bolt hole when you spray it the force against the bottom of the hole will push the paper towel and and float it out.
LOL Ive tryed this before LOL But only got a eye full of hurt LOL

Last edited by barnat; 01-08-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Vcious04
That sucks man!

Try this...

Put your lips tightly around the bolt hole and suck REAL hard. Then using your tongue at the same time until you feel it on your tongue and work it out. Repeat over and over until you get all of it.
that sounds like one hell of a BJ!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote shop vac. If you need one let me know. I actually had a similar accident happen last week with painting my 5.3 block last week. I tape up my oil pressure senor and threaded it in the hole. While some of the tape stuck to the threads in the hole. I used a screwdriver that has been modded into a little pick. I used this to try to loosen the tape from the threads. This lead the straind of tape to fall into the oil hole where i could not see it anymore. The vac worked. Confirmed it by empty out the vac before. Afterwards I checked the vacs canitster. There's the straind of tape.....
Old 01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevybowtie
I vote shop vac. If you need one let me know. I actually had a similar accident happen last week with painting my 5.3 block last week. I tape up my oil pressure senor and threaded it in the hole. While some of the tape stuck to the threads in the hole. I used a screwdriver that has been modded into a little pick. I used this to try to loosen the tape from the threads. This lead the straind of tape to fall into the oil hole where i could not see it anymore. The vac worked. Confirmed it by empty out the vac before. Afterwards I checked the vacs canitster. There's the straind of tape.....
Isnt it funny how something so small can ruin your day and your engine if not caught in time?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Launching!

I may have something better for ya. I forgot that I have a tool ( don't know the name you would call it) that has a jaw that comes out of it when you push the button on the top of it. Skinny as a screwdriver. It would fit into a headbolt. It's made for things like this.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Just confirmed. This fits in the head bolt space in the block with room to spare. 99% sure that this might be your solution.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barnat
Find yours self a 1/4 or smaller vac line or small metal tube like maybe and old antana or crack pipe LOL and connect it to some type of vac source ,,,maybe even rig something to the end of a shop vac with duct tape and just suck it out the piece or pieces alittle at a time and run a tap threw once you think you have it all out ,,,just to grab any little pieces that may be stuck in the threads This is what ide do Youll get it Extreme LOL just take a break for a minute before you get started
LOL I thought i was on one of my **** sites for a minute LOL Just messen man
LOL Im just like Extreme about **** like this LOL Maybe its my OCD LOL but i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if something like this were to happen to me LOL Ide get up 3am and would be pulling out the shop vac LOL LOL LOL ! till i got that bitch out
I was going to say, (Just use a tap,),, but i then thought about it for a moment before posting on here and beings its such a big wad of wet paper towel ,,,,that he'd be better off trying to suck most of it out first because he'd run the chance of getting a tab or bolt like you said 98noscamaross, stuck in the hole and take a chance of really ******* the threads up LOL which would really push him over the edge to start his fire LOL I know it would me LOL
Hey Extreme,,,If you do decide to try and use a shop vac method or something like that and find a 1/4 or bigger hollow (metal or plastic) tube to use or maybe even a 1/4 copper water line? I would connect a rubber type vac/fuel line first to the end of the shop vac hose with duct tape because you may need to remove this metal or plastic tube ever time you pull it out from the head hole to clean it out ,,,verses removeing and retapeing the rubber line every time you pull it out. This wet paper is going to get pulled into the tube and clogged everytime you pull it out ,,,,unless your lucky enough to get it all in the first grab (Just find a rubber line thats going to pull off of your tube easy
Anytime something like this happen to me i always think,,, (What the **** would Mcgiever do) LOL
I also think this would be a way better method of cleaning the head bolt hole of coolant then the paper towel method LOL(Just IMO now guys)and use some either(starting fluid )afterwards to get the coolant residue out too.
Can you guys tell im bored as **** right now? LOL
LOL Ive tryed this before LOL But only got a eye full of hurt LOL
I seriously want to fly straight out to wherever you are and break the LOL key right off your keyboard.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
I seriously want to fly straight out to wherever you are and break the LOL key right off your keyboard.
LOL Thanks ! Mr grinch!
Yea, i may be a happy person, but after pulling and looking at your most recent 5 or 6 post ,,,it kinda exsplains to me and everyone else on this thread why you even post at all ? (with nothing ever positive to add to anybodys threads except maybe to chim in and take jabs at other members, then moving on to the next threads doing the same thing ! (Looking to share your happyness with them too) LOL I feel for guys like you.I really do

Last edited by barnat; 01-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chevybowtie
Just confirmed. This fits in the head bolt space in the block with room to spare. 99% sure that this might be your solution.
Haha oh ****, youre the man! This is one of the deep holes on the bottom row, front of the block. I think its like 6 inches deep.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Got it with the little claw grabber pick up tool! Broke off 2 dental style picks in the process also lol Thanks guys, the build goes on...
Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Next time buy a blog gun with a siphon tip on the front. i got one from were i work and have used it before. Sucks the coolant right out.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Right on.... You should really use some type of siphoning tool of some sort. Like the previous post said.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For future reference, small bore brush for a 9mm would work as well. If that doesn't get it out it would surely clean the bolt hole and tear the towel up enough to then blow it out with compressed air!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

I picked up a 2.5hp shopvac, should do the trick. Any links to these siphon tools you guys are talking about?

Quick Reply: I cant catch a break...