Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Half-Assed Racing Custom ATI Install Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Half-Assed Racing Custom ATI Install Progress...

Here are a few shots of where I am in this buildup. What your seeing is a p1sc bolted up to a stock ati bracket modified with sd-concepts 8 rib spring tensioner system. Also you can see the use of the dual spal fan setup. It's tight but everything fits so far. I now need to decide how I want to route the discharge tubing and whether or not re-clocking the blower will make that job easier.

Hey can somebody tell me how deep the ati inlet hat is??? As you can see it's tight between the fan and the blower inlet. If somebody could measure how deep the hat is I would really appreciate it. This way I know whether I can use it or need to have something custom fab'd up.

If anybody wants pics a different angles or of different things just let me know.

Thanks!

Old 12-20-2003, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is that supossed to work? Is that a 6 rib tensioner and a 8 rib pulley?
Old 12-21-2003, 12:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I'm too lazy to pull my inlet hat off and measure but even with the ATI flat shroud its pretty tight but as long as the fan is above the diameter by 1/2" or so it will probably work - I can take a good pic if you want to see it..

I'm a little confused on the 6 rib pulley on top also, I cant sow that all is supposed to work
Old 12-21-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

the actual tensioner is only 6 rib due to space constraints. 2 of the ribs of the belt will actually hang off the edge.

the tensioner is capable of compensating for an inch and a half of slack and is supposed to be capable of providing enough grip to be able to max out the p1 with the right combo of pulleys.

when I get a belt and actually route it I am sure it will make more sense.

KP if you could snap a pic that would be great!

Last edited by Blackbird; 12-21-2003 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:35 AM
kp
8 Second Club

here is a few pics, I dont have the car very high up so its not easy to a good angle. Hope it helps you out some, the inlet is made on the same angle as the radiator, its not flat, so there is a good amount of room there. The fan wires are pretty well tied down so sorry I couldnt get a beter pic, its cold out there
Old 12-21-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty easy switching from the Powerdyne to the ATI huh Basically the same mounting points and positions. I know it was pretty easy for me, its lookin good, I like the SD set up looks awesome.
J
Old 12-21-2003, 06:02 PM
chronic masturbator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin good its starting to like im one of the last tards still on powerdyne, anyways have you pulled the radiator forward, you can use the top radiator shroud (if you have the ati shroud or the k/n fipk shroud) and pull the rad forward 1-2inches which would prolly give ya half-1 inch towards the bottom

hope that helps a tad
Gary

Quick Reply: Half-Assed Racing Custom ATI Install Progress...