Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Better off with stock displacement LS2, or stroking it to 402 for twin 62mm turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 06:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Or hack up their car claiming minor weight reduction when it's hundreds of pounds lighter than factory.
...or show up on street car night with a fox body gutted on slicks running methanol and no alternator pushing it to the lanes. Oh but it’s got a plate on it. Ya with a 1999 tag on it so it hasn’t even been registered for 20 years lol.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
...or show up on street car night with a fox body gutted on slicks running methanol and no alternator pushing it to the lanes. Oh but it’s got a plate on it. Ya with a 1999 tag on it so it hasn’t even been registered for 20 years lol.
Literally posted something similar in another thread about having to use the letter of the law to claim its a streetcar
Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Literally posted something similar in another thread about having to use the letter of the law to claim its a streetcar
I’m really not even that picky. Current license and registration along with DOT tires is good enough for me. I don’t even care if it comes in on a trailer as long as it drives to and from the lanes under its own power.

I just had to get rescued last weekend by a friend with a trailer. I went out to make a couple test hits in Mexico. Everything went well ran from a dig to 140 back to back. I was feeling pretty good about it then driving home at 55 mph I started smelling something and looked in the mirror to see I was leaving a huge cloud of smoke behind me. Got pulled over and found the trans line going into the radiator moved on me and rubbed my blower belt tensioner and cut a hole in it. Seems I got lucky and just bypassed the radiator and only run an external cooler now. That could of been ugly at 140. Anyway that’s why I don’t judge street cars coming on a trailer.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

I’m really not even that picky. Current license and registration along with DOT tires is good enough for me. I don’t even care if it comes in on a trailer as long as it drives to and from the lanes under its own power.

I just had to get rescued last weekend by a friend with a trailer. I went out to make a couple test hits in Mexico. Everything went well ran from a dig to 140 back to back. I was feeling pretty good about it then driving home at 55 mph I started smelling something and looked in the mirror to see I was leaving a huge cloud of smoke behind me. Got pulled over and found the trans line going into the radiator moved on me and rubbed my blower belt tensioner and cut a hole in it. Seems I got lucky and just bypassed the radiator and only run an external cooler now. That could of been ugly at 140. Anyway that’s why I don’t judge street cars coming on a trailer.
Yeah I'm WAY more picky. To me anyone can get a tag and registration and have a gutted racecar for all intents and purposes even if it qualifies as a street car legally. Sure it's cool to see the stuff that Street Outlaws and guys like that make. A real street car to me:
  • A/C that WORKS.
  • Can comfortably do 70-80mph on the highway driving to and from the track without sitting at 4000 rpms. I get the trailer thing in case something breaks, but it should be able to do it.
  • Fit more than 1 person.
  • Doesn't have hundreds of lbs of weight reduction.
  • Be able to drive in stop and go traffic and parking lots without fighting you or surging/bucking/etc. No spools and doesn't get hot sitting in traffic.
  • It should be quiet enough to hold a conversation at normal speaking levels.
  • Runs pump fuel, i.e. 93 or E85 if you have normal access to it. None of this "I need to store a barrel at my house stuff." Water/Meth is fine because you can drive the should you run out.
  • Hold an idle from a cold start without holding the gas.
Like I said, I'm picky
Old 07-01-2020, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I'm WAY more picky. To me anyone can get a tag and registration and have a gutted racecar for all intents and purposes even if it qualifies as a street car legally. Sure it's cool to see the stuff that Street Outlaws and guys like that make. A real street car to me:
  • A/C that WORKS.
  • Can comfortably do 70-80mph on the highway driving to and from the track without sitting at 4000 rpms. I get the trailer thing in case something breaks, but it should be able to do it.
  • Fit more than 1 person.
  • Doesn't have hundreds of lbs of weight reduction.
  • Be able to drive in stop and go traffic and parking lots without fighting you or surging/bucking/etc. No spools and doesn't get hot sitting in traffic.
  • It should be quiet enough to hold a conversation at normal speaking levels.
  • Runs pump fuel, i.e. 93 or E85 if you have normal access to it. None of this "I need to store a barrel at my house stuff." Water/Meth is fine because you can drive the should you run out.
  • Hold an idle from a cold start without holding the gas.
Like I said, I'm picky
lol...I’m thinking about going full retard with mine. 8 pt cage narrowed sra to tuck 315/60/15 radial pros and a bigger blower.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

lol...I’m thinking about going full retard with mine. 8 pt cage narrowed sra to tuck 315/60/15 radial pros and a bigger blower.
That thing will be nasty.

Quick Reply: Better off with stock displacement LS2, or stroking it to 402 for twin 62mm turbos?