Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How will a TC76 perform compared to an MPT70 or MPT76?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
The turbine wheels may be the same size but the F1 wheel is far beyond in terms of flow. I am sure Jose or the like has seen the turbine wheel maps.
speaking of which...are they available anywhere? id like to see how well itd work for my setup. Ive already got the turbo, a tc76 with a .84 ar, for my standard run of the mill 5.3, ls6 cam with 317 head monster.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't really compare the 2 brands.

MP turbos are awesome for the money, you can't get a better turbo at their price point.
The Turbonetics turbos perform better, and they should they cost almost double what the MP's go for. Not to mention that they have the best warranty in the business.

As far as maps are concerned, since they were mentioned earlier. I highly doubt that anyone has a compressor map for an MP turbo, but if I am wrong and someone does please post them for everyone to see.

FYI we carry all brands of turbos and we are more than glad to listen to your concerns and put you into the best turbo for your needs. Not everyone has a 1100 to spend on their turbo, some folks need to get the most bang they can afford and thats where the MP turbos shine.

I often receive questions along the lines of "I have $XXXX amount of money to spend and want to make XXXXX amount of horsepower, what should I get?" If the customer only has 600 dollars budgeted for their turbo and wants to make 600hp well they don't really have an option when it comes to a turbonetics product.

In the end I guess what I am trying to say is; if you can afford a better performing unit and you need it to meet your performance goals then its a no brainer get it, or call me and I'll get it for you.

Thanks for reading,
Rob@modularturbo.com

Quick Reply: How will a TC76 perform compared to an MPT70 or MPT76?