Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Confused about FPR choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Confused about FPR choice

I'm puting the twin-turbo Incon kit on my Trans Am and I'm in need of a fuel pressure regulator. I've called a couple places and they keep telling me I need an Aeromotive 13110 or Magnafuel 9550. However, I don't understand why I can't just use any other Aeromotive FPR as long as it's boost referenced. What is the difference between them and why should I run the 13110 instead of any other boost referenced one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm looking to buy one if anyone knows of any for sale.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much boost are you planning for? And what size fuel lines will you be running?

Jim
Old 01-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

I'm initially only planning on running 8 lbs due to a stock bottom end and I'm planning on running -8 AN fuel line. Also, would you recommend a return line or not? A local speed shop said not to because it just robs fuel pressure in the rails.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dude if you dont plan on over 1000hp to the wheels any fpr for aermotive will pretty much work, i would run a return and it will not rob no pressure put the fpr after your rails and it will keep a maintained pressure in the rails and the left over will be returned.

there is a debate on before the rails and after the rails dont matter but the way i see it is if the fpr is before the rails and you are just cruzin say 30 and the pressure is 60psi and you decide to get on it then your fuel pressure is gunna drop because it will suck the fuel to the motor and then the fpr will catch back up. but.....

if the fpr is after the rails and its maintaining a constant pressure from the fuel the pumps are pushing and say your returning 1 gallon every 5 minutes then when you go to get on it and it sucks the fuel it will keep the pressure the same cuz it can keep up and you may only return say 1/2 gallon every 5 minutes. the numbers are just used to prove my point but at -8 and nothing over 1000hp to the wheels any of the fpr with boost reference would work for ya.

Pm me if you have any ?'s
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

When the FP reg went bad that came with the Incon kit, I replaced mine with a Weldon 2040 (I think is the PN). this should be it. http://www.weldonracing.com/product/...Regulator.html

Its mounted right near the tank and returns just like the one from the kit. I did have to fab up the fittings to be able to use the GM quick disconnects, but it wasn't too bad.

If I change fuel lines, I might move the reg to the frt after the rails. Undecided yet for sure if I need to do this.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

almost any regulator will work, you will need one with a return and a boost reference port. sx, aeromotive, weldon, magnafuel are all good.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help fellas. Greatly appreciated!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

so this fpr would be good for my setup... ls1 turbo just looking for around 500rwhp. the fpr maxs out at 60psi am i still ok?

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...***-regulator/

Quick Reply: Confused about FPR choice