Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tired of sts crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by TracyRR
I will try to get some pics this weekend. I got the idea from a non-supporting vendor's website (rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm).... Mods: If it is not cool to list the site, i can remove it. It has one eva pump for pressure and one eva pump for scavange. The pressure side is regulated by a return line to keep the pump cool and also regulate pressure. The return orfice size is adjustable by using different size holley jets that were fabbed into one of the AN return fittings. The larger the holley jet, the less pressure to the turbo's or visa versa. I used -6 on the pressure and return side and then down to -4 to the turbo's and the scavange side uses -10 to the tank. It was kinda expensive to setup but could be done cheaper if you use rubber lines instead of ss braided..... I am about to install an LED warning light with an oil pressure switch to warn me if the pressure drops below a set amount. If the light comes on, i better shut the car off to save the turbo's. I will take some pics soon. thanks
Thanks again I cant wait to see the pics
Old 01-31-2010 | 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Moreboost, Here are a couple pics of my oiling system as requested.
Attached Thumbnails tired of sts crap-img_1498.jpg  
Old 01-31-2010 | 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry for the poor quality pic..... for some reason, it won't let me post more pics.....
Old 02-01-2010 | 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Hey Camaro Chris - what rear mounted setup did you have before?
I have not owned an sts kit. i know that they will never get me any where near my goals. I know that RM can put down some serous power. but a dyno is completely different then the street. I think that what ever you do to your car is awesome. If someone has interest in cars great. but there are far better ways to turbo a car. Just so we are all clear, i'm not bashing STS or RM cars There just not for me. If you are looking to go turbo, research it alot. Not just hey this guy on the forum said they were cool. Compare dyno sheets not for HP but for power curves. Ask your self do i want power low rpms but falls of at 4500-5000rpm go sts. if you want a power band that goes strong as hell to your shift point go FM.
Old 02-02-2010 | 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro Chris
I have not owned an sts kit. i know that they will never get me any where near my goals. I know that RM can put down some serous power. but a dyno is completely different then the street. I think that what ever you do to your car is awesome. If someone has interest in cars great. but there are far better ways to turbo a car. Just so we are all clear, i'm not bashing STS or RM cars There just not for me. If you are looking to go turbo, research it alot. Not just hey this guy on the forum said they were cool. Compare dyno sheets not for HP but for power curves. Ask your self do i want power low rpms but falls of at 4500-5000rpm go sts. if you want a power band that goes strong as hell to your shift point go FM.
So how the hell do you know it drops off power at 4500-5000rpm? Do you have proof to back this up? Sounds like a bunch of BS, my car pulls hard through all gears.
Old 02-02-2010 | 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Camaro Chris
Ask your self do i want power low rpms but falls of at 4500-5000rpm go sts. .
sorry sunshine, my Leading Edge Performance built rear-mount builds boost at 2500 and pulls all the way to the rev limiter. i guess if the car/motor isn't built and tuned right for a rear mount or if the turbo machanically fails then i'll agree, rear-mounts are crap
Old 02-02-2010 | 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gtfitter597
So how the hell do you know it drops off power at 4500-5000rpm? Do you have proof to back this up? Sounds like a bunch of BS, my car pulls hard through all gears.
Originally Posted by hawk584
sorry sunshine, my Leading Edge Performance built rear-mount builds boost at 2500 and pulls all the way to the rev limiter. i guess if the car/motor isn't built and tuned right for a rear mount or if the turbo machanically fails then i'll agree, rear-mounts are crap
Mine pulls super hard to 6700.... It seems like all the rear mount bashers don't have a clue.. and none of them have even rode in a car with a rear mount... If you're building an all out race car go front mout but as a fast fun street car rear mounts work well. You will make way more power than going heads, cam, intake, headers ect ect and the car Idles and drives like stock until you mash it and then HOLD on.
Old 02-02-2010 | 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

^^^ or they've taken a rid in an un-built rear-mount car and weren't impressed.. the two friends i actually let drive my car didn't think much of rear-mount turboed cars untill they drove mine which is built. another guy in the utah car club who has the same set up as i do but on a stock motor was thinking about selling his sts kit untill my buddy Jon took him for a rid in mine. that guy is saving up his money to get his motor built now that he knows what it's capable of when built right
Old 02-03-2010 | 11:47 AM
Banned

A local and reputable speed shop in my area has had their customers bring their STS cars back and paid to have them removed.

I've been on the forum for quite a bit and it seems that STS kits are really hit or miss.

Mostly miss though.
Old 02-03-2010 | 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by spaz1
Mine pulls super hard to 6700.... It seems like all the rear mount bashers don't have a clue.. and none of them have even rode in a car with a rear mount... If you're building an all out race car go front mout but as a fast fun street car rear mounts work well. You will make way more power than going heads, cam, intake, headers ect ect and the car Idles and drives like stock until you mash it and then HOLD on.
Yours might, but there are other more conventianal, and reliable ways to get the same effect.

I know about a fast and fun street car.
Old 02-03-2010 | 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

this thread brings me laughs, lots of laughs, Im building a rearmount right now, though i would never associate with the STS, i see no problems with rearmount turbos, and nor do i care what people think of them. Fact is fact, they work. They may not be "as efficient" as a front mount, but really, who cares??? If your building a serious race car, you might, but seriously.... Get over it
Old 02-03-2010 | 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by TracyRR
Moreboost, Here are a couple pics of my oiling system as requested.
Wow very sweet I'd like to see more pics if possible... I'll try and send you an IM. I see two waste gates back there.... is this a twin turbo RM setup? Crap you beat me I wanted to do that as well LOL...

Old 02-08-2010 | 05:31 PM
Teching In

I have an sts kit works great maybe your car was wreked that's y the pipe did not work I eat super chargers for lunch. Go Turbo or go home why make power just to loose it

Quick Reply: tired of sts crap