Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Benefits of Meth Inj. when running big fuel system, race gas, air/water intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Benefits of Meth Inj. when running big fuel system, race gas, air/water intercooler

From what I understand, a person runs meth inj. for one of three reasons:
1. to compensate for a fuel system that can't keep up
2. to increase octane when running pump fuel
3. to lower IAT's

If all of these issues where addressed with a large fuel system, race fuel and air/water intercooler, is the meth inj. actually beneficial anymore? Seems like removing it could simplify tuning, unclutter the car and remove a little weight, right? Or, am I missing something?

Reason for asking, I've recently upgraded to a huge fuel system and run C-16 fuel. I'm still using air/air intercooler for now, but want to know if I can still make the same amount of power without it at this point.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meth is great, you can advance your timing and run more boost without worrying about detonation or knock.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** if ya running c16 you dont need meth lol. Meth helps pump gas cars more than race gas cars. I ran some 102 oxygenated vp stuff unleaded and sprayed meth and dident notice a huge differance. I was tuned with meth and 93, I did notice the tone of the car and the turbo spool quicker.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

the guy in this thread converted from intercooler /c16 to no intercooler and e98 and picked up 90hp

I like meth because you dont lose the 2-3 psi boost through the intercooler, even though you get the same air temps

use it with water and it is a huge anti detonant

less pipiing to the tb for faster response and more flow

doesnt take up a lot of real estate

now, if your filter clogs or a pump dies, say goodbye to your motor unless you had some protection in place
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Help me out e98 is meth? On another note if you place the values in the software for the iat to pull timing above x degrees it should prevent a loss of the motor if the meth fails. But if this is a all out drag I say do it then it wont hurt.

Quick Reply: Benefits of Meth Inj. when running big fuel system, race gas, air/water intercooler