Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alkycontrol second choice devilsown
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone here ever look into aqua mist systems? just curious.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninetres
Other systems assume you are smart enough to keep meth in your tank. You one of those guys who runs out of gas often or something?
nope just wondering

Originally Posted by dschmittie1

On a side note I noticed you said 13-15psi on STOCK bottum end. Good luck with that I hope you are saving up for a Forged motor.
exactly just pushing some limits in the process it's a small turbo though so i'll probably only see 500whp even with that much boost.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

also alkycontrol doesn't list prices for they're kits
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nasty_ss
nope just wondering

exactly just pushing some limits in the process it's a small turbo though so i'll probably only see 500whp even with that much boost.

Ok well that is the wrong way of thinking things threw. I don't care what size the turbo is IF you see 13psi-15 psi it will be the same as my motor seeing 13-15 psi with my Prochager and you would be in the 650-750rwhp range.

If your turbo is that small well then it will likely run out of steam before you every get that much boost.

Also the Alky control kit is in the $550 area call and ask because you can order it with or with out a 2 bar MAP sensor based on your existing setup
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

im running a cooling mist kit on my car. Its alot cheaper and it has alot of thing you can do with it. look it up.

i run a 1.5 gal tank in the car with a 12.2 gph injector.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone run the snow performance kit?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

clearly i'm seeing a lot of suggestions leaning towards alkycontrol but it why? good customer service seems to be the only reason. i want to see features and what exactly makes them the best. i'm also seeing that aem is using a recirculation style pump that give a constant flow instead of a pulsating flow

Last edited by nasty_ss; 02-10-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alkycontrol! here's the why:

-All braided lines (no plastic lines with stab-in cheap fittings like many kits)
-FULLY adjustable from turn on point, turn on volume, and ramp rate
-Truly progressive; they use a real GM 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor
-Can run 100% methanol without pump failure (unlike other brands with pumps that have internals that are not suited to 100% meth 100% of the time). He takes the pumps apart and replaces EVERY pasrt that is sensitive to methanol. The others don't do that.
-has low-level warning light
-has 2stage LED to show pump activation and green to let you know the line spraying is up to pressure
-F-body kit comes with custom washer tank with all electronics and sender for the tank pre-mounted, so you don't have to mod your own or worry about leaks
-Julio is ALWAYS available to help if you run into issues and he will stay on the phone with you and walk you through troubleshooting if you are in a serious bind

Couple that with the fact that I have seen his kits installed from 05-06 on cars that I tuned, some very regular drivers, that still have their kits operating at the same level without maintenance or incident.

There are no prices because the F-bod kits have a ton of options from nozzle size to nozzle count to tank setup to MAP sensor, etc. For as much boost as you are talking about, I would suggest a dual nozzle arrangement with two #10 nozzels or possible a #10 and #15.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The alky kit sounds bad azzz for sure. But I picked up my stage 2 map refrenced Snow kit for $200 used lol. If I have any problems with it, I would like to try the alky if budget allows at the time.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm more interested in know why MM dosent like this thread
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

I've got the Snow stg 3 ..... really nice kit, simple install
Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost

-All braided lines (no plastic lines with stab-in cheap fittings like many kits)
-Can run 100% methanol without pump failure (unlike other brands with pumps that have internals that are not suited to 100% meth 100% of the time). He takes the pumps apart and replaces EVERY pasrt that is sensitive to methanol. The others don't do that.
-has 2stage LED to show pump activation and green to let you know the line spraying is up to pressure
-F-body kit comes with custom washer tank with all electronics and sender for the tank pre-mounted, so you don't have to mod your own or worry about leaks
-Julio is ALWAYS available to help if you run into issues and he will stay on the phone with you and walk you through troubleshooting if you are in a serious bind

Couple that with the fact that I have seen his kits installed from 05-06 on cars that I tuned, some very regular drivers, that still have their kits operating at the same level without maintenance or incident.

There are no prices because the F-bod kits have a ton of options from nozzle size to nozzle count to tank setup to MAP sensor, etc. For as much boost as you are talking about, I would suggest a dual nozzle arrangement with two #10 nozzels or possible a #10 and #15.
This is why I'm goin Alkycontrol when I purchase my meth kit as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost

awesome this is exactly the format i was looking for as far as and explanation goes.

Quick Reply: Which is the best meth injection system