Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo oiling question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo oiling question

i am a noob when it comes to turbo's. i do not want to run a return/feed line out of my oil pan. can i run a seperate oil tank, scavaging pump and an oil cooler??? if i can, do you think a 2qt oil tank will give it enough time to get cool enough to recycle back through the turbo???
Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just fabbed up a self contained oiling system for my rear mount twins.... i am using a gallon alum tank so total capacity was around 5 quarts with all of the braided lines/pumps. The issue i am having with using so much oil was it was not getting hot enough during the winter to burn off the water/humidity so the oil would get milky...... i just changed the oil and went back with only two quarts so i can report back with my results shortly..... i don't have any experience with this system during the hot months as i just finished this project. Best of luck
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you put a breather tube in it shouldnt it evac itself
Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does have a breather/vent on the tank into a catch-can.... the catch-can will accumulate water from the oil tank..... This is coming from the oil tank as the oil tank and catch-can are located inside of the car.